twenty-four

it had been almost three weeks since sidney and alexis spoke. the only positive thing that came out of their situation was that alexis' game was on fire. in the past eight games, she had only let in seven goals.

alexis hurt thinking about the fact that sidney wasn't even trying to talk to her but she couldn't think about that as she crouched in the crease, ready to block the puck.

the puck flew into the net as adrian kempe slid into alexis. alexis fell onto the ground, feeling like she was choking as she took off her helmet. the helmet landed on the ice below her, along with a bunch of blood.

blood poured out of a slice in her neck and she tried to stop it as players surrounded her, trying to hide her from the crowd. the paramedics rushed onto the ice with a gurney and one of them squeezed her neck with a towel. she coughed, causing the blood flow to grow stronger.

once alexis got onto the stretcher, a tear slipped from her eye. the paramedics rushed her towards an ambulance as she fought to stay awake. she saw marcus tearing off his gear and running away. he came back out of the locker room with running shoes in his hands.

alexis was put into the ambulance and marc held her hand while she pressed a towel against her neck with her other hand. the paramedic who was in the back with them asked her simple questions to keep her alert as he put an iv in her hand, connecting it to a blood bag.

more tears fell down alexis' face as she thought about sidney, "i miss him so much and he hates me."

"this may not be the best time, but i'm going to say it anyway. don't be so petty. i know what he said but i also know how much you guys love each other. he made a mistake and if it ends like this i'm going to kill you and resurrect you so you guys can be together." marcus ranted in swedish, making alexis cry even harder.

"i don't want to die. oh my god, i'm going to die." her voice cracked and marcus teared up.

"you aren't going to die, lexi. you're too strong. you are going to go into surgery and kick ass because that's just who you are."

alexis felt weak so she spoke quietly, "i love you, marcus. tell sidney i'm sorry and that i love him."