six

the game against vegas was down to the last two minutes and the penguins were one point down. alexis was pulled for and extra player and she left the goal post, walking down the hall and hitting her stick against the cement wall repeatedly. it broke into pieces and she picked up another one, doing the same thing again.

"motherfucker!" she shouted, going into the locker room and pulling off her gear. she changed into sweatpants and took off her compression shirt, staring at it in her lap, "so much for luck."

alexis covered her chest with a penguins shirt and leaned her head against the back of the cubby, trying to calm herself down. the rest of the team came in a minute later, noticing that alexis looked like she was going to kill someone.

media flooded the room twenty minutes later and she was still in that same position, playing with her necklace. a small group of journalists crowded around her and she opened her eyes, looking at them blankly.

"miss hall, how do you feel about the loss tonight?"

"i mean, it sucks. vegas was the better team tonight but we have practice tomorrow so we're gonna work our asses off." she replied, no longer playing with the rings on her chain.

"with you being a woman, are you interested in any of your teammates or opponents?"

she scoffed, "no. i'm not here for a boyfriend, i'm here to play hockey."

"many people question your ability to keep up with the men, what do you say to those people?"

"i'd say here i am. i'm keeping up. i only let in one goal and if those people have a problem with it, they are welcome to try to do better."

"whose rings are those?" a young guy pointed at her chest and she took a deep breath.

"next question."

"this is the last question too." coach sullivan interrupted.

"who are the players you are closest to?"

"uh... marcus pettersson and probably geno. i speak to him in russian so we talk a lot and i went to high school with marc."

the journalists scurried to the next player and alexis sighed, picking up her backpack and heading home to cole and tate.