eleven

the small group swam around for a while before jake came up with a great idea, "let's play chicken."

"what's chicken?" marcus and alexis asked at the same time.

"two people climb on the shoulders of their partners and try to knock each other into the water."

"oh that sounds fun. i call dibs on you being my partner." she said and swam over to him.

"i'm gonna go under water and you get onto my shoulders, ok?" alexis nodded and he dove under the water. she put her legs on his shoulders and put her calves under his arms.

marcus and juuso fought for the bottom but eventually, marcus got on top. jake moved forward and alexis acted like she was going to fall off.

"oh my god, this is terrifying." she tightened her legs around him and started to push marcs shoulder. he was still mad about being on top so he was distracted and fell.

"let's goooooo!" jake cheered and alexis smiled.

"rematch. i wasn't ready." marc pouted, pushing his hair out of his face.

"that's what she said." she replied and jake let go of her knee, reaching up for a high five. she gave him one and watched as marc struggled to get onto juuso's shoulders.

"this isn't fair. you're used to having a guy between your legs." he said in swedish and alexis' jaw dropped, hearing laughter from the hot tub.

"shut the fuck up, hornqvist. marc, you're gonna die." jake moved closer to them and alexis pushed marcus as hard as she could. once he fell into the water, she dropped off of jake's shoulders and swam towards marc. she jumped onto his back and pushed him under water. "you're an asshole." she stated in swedish and he pushed her away.

"damn, lexi. i'm sorry." he held up his hands and she glared at him.

alexis sunk under the water and closed her eyes, listening to the wooshing of the chlorine jets.

she resurfaced and jake smirked, "breath holding contest?"

"who's timing us?" she asked.

"i will." sidney spoke up and alexis grinned.

"thank you." she looked into his eyes and he looked back, not caring that everyone in the room was watching them.

"uh... let's start." marcus tapped her shoulder and she tore her eyes away from sidney's.

the four young players swam to the edge of the pool and sidney looked at his watch, "1, 2, 3, go."

they stuck stuck their heads under the water and alexis relaxed her body. she floated around with her eyes closed until someone pushed her shoulder.

"you win." jake said and alexis took a deep breath, feeling really dizzy.

"fuck." she pulled herself out of the pool and crossed her legs, her hands covering her face. she heard the boys talking but couldn't focus on what they were saying.

she got up and grabbed her towel. she wrapped it around her body and told her friends that she was going to bed. alexis walked out of the room and through the halls, not completely knowing where she was going.

"hey, are you ok?" sidney asked from behind her and she nodded.

alexis stumbled into a door frame and sidney put his large hands on her waist, "come on." he guided her to the elevator and she leaned against his chest as it went up to their floor.

he walked her to her room and she unlocked the door. she took an iron pill and sat on her bed, waiting until she felt less dizzy.

lexi sighed and got up, "i'm ok now. thank you, sidney."

"sid."

"i like sidney more. it's cute." she spoke and covered her mouth quickly.

he smiled, "well if you think that then ok."

alexis grabbed clothes from her suitcase, "i'm gonna take a shower. i'm fine now so you can leave if you want."

he shook his head, "i'll wait. gotta make sure you're actually ok." he laid down on her bed and she shrugged, walking into the bathroom.

when alexis came back out marcus was sitting on his bed, waiting for an explanation.

"i was dizzy so he walked me up here. i guess he fell asleep while waiting for me to shower." she said, grabbing a pillow from beside sidney and laying down on marcus' bed.