eighteen

alexis woke up naked in sidney's bed. she got out of the otherwise empty bed and put on sidney's shirt from the night before. she walked out of his bedroom and looked around, trying to find the stairs. after she jogged down the stairs she walked into the kitchen, her nose filling with the smell of spaghetti.

"sidney, it's ten a.m. why are you making spaghetti?" she asked, standing behind him. his shirt was off and alexis watched as his back muscles moved.

"i eat it before every game."

"really?" he nodded, "i do too."

"we're meant to be." he said and alexis laughed.

"maybe." she said and hopped onto the island.

"do you wanna eat with me? i made a lot." he asked and took the pasta off of the stove.

"sure. you have to do something for me first though." he turned around and squinted his eyes at her. "come here."

he stepped between her legs and kissed her, his hands resting on her thighs.

"ive missed you." he confessed and alexis smiled.

"i missed you too, sidney." she played with his hair and he closed his eyes. lexi kissed his neck softly then looked at his face.

****

"congrats on the win. what did you think about wayne simmonds slashing the back of your legs?"

"thanks. i honestly don't care. if he thought that would get him a win, he was mistaken." alexis smiled.

"he seems to have a personal problem with you. in one of his recent interviews he said that he thinks that you being in the nhl was bullshit."

"i don't care about his opinion that much. he's a dirty player so its only fitting that he has a dirty mouth." she replied and heard snickering throughout the locker room.

"do you have any superstitions?"

"i guess. its kind of a long list."

"care to explain?"

"well first i eat spaghetti before i come to the arena. when i get here, i change, run 2.2 miles, lift some weights, stretch, get some lunch meat and come back in here. i listen to monster by kayne west while taping my sticks and write 22 on each side. then i braid my hair and put on my gear." alexis listed off, not caring how crazy she sounded.

"you sure weren't lying when you said it was long. many people saw you arrive with your teammate, sidney crosby, whats the story behind that? are you dating?"

"my car broke down and i needed a ride so sidney offered. and no. we aren't dating, we're friends." she lied with a smile on her face.