twenty-one

alexis walked into the locker room behind everyone and all eyes went to her and sidney. she faked a smile and took off her gear as whispers got loud.

she changed into one of sidney's sweatshirts and a pair of shorts, ignoring the fact that it was december in pittsburgh. she pulled on her favorite crocs and walked out of the room and into the dining room.

alexis stuffed a piece of steak into her mouth as sidney walked in and was followed by the rest of the team.

"so..." kris letang spoke after he got his food, "are you guys..."

"dating?" sidney said and lexi hid her head.

"mhm." their teammates replied in perfect unison.

she glanced up at sidney who was already looking at her and walking towards her. his arm was placed around her shoulders.

"yes we are." he stated and she coughed on her steak. he patted her back awkwardly and cheers erupted.

"when did this start?" jason zucker asked and alexis laughed.

"longer than you've been here. little over a year." she told her friends and their jaws dropped. she shrugged at their reactions, sidney chuckled from behind her and put a piece of steak in his mouth. "really? you're sleeping on the couch tonight." she joked and sidney rolled his eyes.

"tate will cuddle with me."

"wait a fucking second. do you guys live together??" hornqvist asked with his brows furrowed, lexi nodded and he gasped, "really? how did you guys hide this?"

"we're smart. we never show up together or sit next to each other around you guys."

"and when you guys come over to our house, i always go to starbucks for like ten minutes and come back like i wasn't there." she said before taking a drink of her protein shake.

"sneaky bitch." marcus mumbled and she threw a balled up napkin at him.

"not my fault you're stupid." she replied in swedish before switching back to english, "can we all eat now?"