Chapter 9- Burn!!

"Well..." Hiko looked at Yuki. "What do you think?", "I think...", she leaned back, "...that Sytria may be right... With only the two of us, we're vulnerable, no matter how well-trained we are. Exorcists managed to rape strong demons or kill them already. That's not to be underestimated... And we are, at least for now, save here, in the BA headquarters. We are literally all facing the same problem right here... I think, if we really want to survive, we have to team up with them.", "Hey, hold on." Hiko scrutinized her. "I mean yeah, they kinda saved our asses in the war back then, but how can we be sure they ain't lying? We can't trust these people.", "There's no denying about that that what Assaku said is true. Lucifer and Satan are the only ones able to take on angels. How sad it is, they were always within the angels' attention. With them gone, we kind of have a problem, and Assaku knows that as well as we do. So... I trust them. At least for now. If we work together with them temporarily, our chances of survival are a lot greater because we are a group, aren't we? And they are strong, too... Probably we can make a deal. They can help us find a way to re-open Rauco and we support them as well as we can.", "Mhm... You got a point tho... This is an extraordinary situation..." Hiko nodded. "Fine then. Let's tell their leader." Yuki nodded and they went to the kitchen where Shurax was busy checking on their supplies. "Excuse me?" Yuki said. He turned his head. "Mh?", "Mr. Shurax... Where can we find Assaku?", "Mister?" Shurax pulled up his eyebrows. "C'mon, I am almost around the same age as you. You don't need to be formal.", "Sorry.", "Whatever." He shook his head. "Assaku might be in his room. Upper floor, the door straight ahead. I would be careful tho. He's... difficult to handle sometimes.", "Thank you for the warning." Yuki nodded and then headed for the stairs. Before the door, she stopped and knocked. There was no sound coming from the other side. She hesitated, but then opened the door a bit to peek inside.

Assaku sat on his bed with the buttons of his shirt opened and his jacket taken off. In other words, she could see his bare chest. And his very defined muscles, in addition to some scars. Yuki turned red instantly. "A-ah!!" Assaku stared at her and she quickly closed the door. "I-I'm sorry!!", "What the?" Hiko looked at her in confusion. "N-nothing! It's okay!!" Yuki said quickly. Hiko folded her arms. "Didn't someone teach you that you wait to be asked in when you knock?", "Y-yeah, I- W-whatever!!" Some moments later, the door opened. Assaku looked at them with his shirt closed by now. "What.", "I-I-I'm sorry for-", "No problem. What are you here for?", "Uh..." Yuki raised her look. "Can we, like... talk in private?", "If it has to be. Privacy doesn't seem to be your thing, but fine." He let them get inside the room and closed the door.

"First of... Sorry for my question back there. Yurai told me a lot about you, after all... I should' ve known you hate them so much...", "Yurai, huh..." Assaku stood in front of the window and looked outside. "...how is she?", "She's fine. Just... caged within Rauco.", "That might be saver for her, though... Now, what did you want to ask me?", "We... well... we are on the same side now, more or less...", "We've never been enemies", he commented. "You should've understood that already.", "Yeah, sorry. Anyways, we... know we probably won't be able to do this alone. So... please... let us join Black Asylum for at least now." He turned around to them. "...You want to work together with us?", "We probably have to..." Yuki sighed. "Listen closely", Assaku said. "There's a choice you have to make in everything you do. So keep in mind that, in the end, the choice you make makes you. You are free to choose but you're not free from the consequences of your choice. If you join us, it might have consequences for you. Just remind that.", "We know that. But we have no choice here", Yuki replied. He folded his arms. "...I see. If that's so..." He fixated them with his eyes. "I have no right to deny. It's something like a win-win-situation. We spend you protection but you, after all, support us for that.", "That's right..." Yuki nodded. Assaku loosed up his arms again. "Fine. I accept.", "You can't be serious!" Skeletron suddenly opened the door. "You don't know these kids! They are only an obstacle!", "No one asked you for you opinion, Skeletron.", "Pah! And I never asked for saying it!! They are inexperienced children that will just be in our way! How are we supposed to work with them around?!", "You've hated Azuni, too. It doesn't surprise me that you dislike 'children'. But firstly, I am the leader of Black Asylum, so major decisions aren't yours to make. Secondly, we should not treat them as obstacles. They are just like us and they have participated in a war as well, so I am quite sure that won't be a problem.", "I hate inexperienced individuals in my nearness! It makes me feel DUMB!", "Not my problem, Skeletron. After all, you joined us for selfish reasons and you've misbehaved quite many times, so don't be surprised I don't really give a damn about your opinion. You may have used us for your own personal gain, but so did we." She narrowed his eyes. "Damn you...", "Tch. Don't tell me you're expecting us to accept your attitude without returning the favor.", "I freaking HATE all of you!!!", "Why are you still here then?", "STOP ASKING ME QUESTIONS!!!" A loud cracking sound was audible and Assaku gasped, putting a hand on his ribs. "Fuck... you...! What are you doing?", "I'll kill you! I got enough of your arrogance! Degrading me and calling me stupid like that!!", "Tss... Violence really is the only thing you can think of to achieve something, huh..." Even though being in pain, he smiled. "How very poor.", "Again..." Skeletron's eyes started glowing reddish. "I'll break every single one of your ribs... then your neck... and then, I'll shatter your skull!" Hiko snapped with her fingers. "Hell Fire Final State: Ever-burning Flames of Hell!" Black flames suddenly appeared all over Skeletron's body and she screamed. "AAAAAAAHHHH!!! FIRE!!! EXTINGUISH IT!!!", "Repair Assaku's bone. I know you broke it. Repair it. And never do this again." Skeletron glared at her but did as Hiko asked. She snapped with her fingers and repaired Assaku's bone again. Hiko looked at him, as if waiting for a command to stop. He returned her look- but said nothing. Hiko took that as a reason to burn Skeletron to death. "Water won't help you", she said. "This fire burns until it has finished what it started." Skeletron screamed. "YOU WHORE!!!!", "If you call me that, you have no idea about what that word means", Hiko replied calmly while watching Skeletron burn to ashes.