Chapter 3- Flashback

„How are you feeling?" the green-haired woman asked. The white-haired boy looked up. „...Good... I guess... I am supposed to say ‚Good' when someone asks me that, right...?" She remorsefully crunched her teeth. "What's the matter, Miss?" The white-haired tilted his head. "...Nothing. Don't worry, Sitri.", "...Worry?", "...Nevermind." She sighed. Sitri looked down. "...You're disappointed, right? Am I a disappointment to you?", "No. Please, stop asking that.", "You seem sad. Is that because of me?", "How do you know that?", "I can sense it... well, at least, I believe it's sadness, it seems so heavy and lonely. That's what sadness is supposed to feel like, right?" She widened her eyes. "What the?", "... what causes you to be... uh... I believe it's 'astonished'.", "You can... sense how I feel?", "I think so... I cannot identify all of it but I think so..." She kept quiet. Sitri blinked. "...What's the matter?", "Nothing... It's... it's... okay." She shook her head and turned around. She went outside to clear her mind. This was odd. Why did Sitri start to sense emotions? He wasn't supposed to do that in any kind of way, she didn't plan that. What happened? She started walking around, as she suddenly encountered his brother. "Ranya. What's the matter, you seem exhausted.", "Hey, Azra... No, I'm okay. I just lack sleep...", "Ah-huh..." He scrutinized her and then shook his head. "Your projects take a lot of energy, huh?", "Yeah...", "How's Sitri doing?", "Just... fine...", "Without emotions?", "Yeah...", "I see." He folded his arms. "I don't know, don't you consider that what you're doing as kinda risky?", "Risky?", "Yeah. Creating life forms like that... It might go wrong one day.", "Don't worry, Az. I got everything under control..." Even so, her sentence sounded not that convincing, because she knew that she didn't have everything under control. At least not as far as Sitri was concerned. Azra pulled up one eyebrow, then shook his head and sighed. "...if you say so..." He sounded even less convinced then she was herself. Azra was pretty sharp after all. "Take care that no shit happens", he said and then walked his way. Ranya-an looked after him and then sighed. "I try..." She lowered her gaze to the ground and gritted her teeth. Then, she decided to head back, to only find Sitri sitting on the roof of her house. Ranmaru, her winged snake, was with him. "So... the scars on your scales... who caused them?" Sitri seemed to ask him. Ranmaru hissed. "... That must've been painful, right? Being struck by a Ninqaira... Yeah, I can understand that, I guess... I know what pain feels like... I guess... that's how I know I'm alive... sometimes, I think I'm... dead inside... Are you even alive feeling absolutely nothing but totally empty? I mean... everybody... feels. Why not me? Is it because I'm created, not born?" Ranmaru hissed again. Sitri kept quiet. "... If you say so... But... I really wanna know how... feelings work. I can sense them... but I have a hard time distinguishing them... because I don't really know... what they are like..." Ranmaru poked Sitri with his nose. That's when Sitri noticed Ranya. He got up and jumped down. "Miss Ranya... did you have... a nice walk?", "What... were you doing right there, Sitri?" Ranya-an asked. "I... talked to Ranmaru... Is that... bad?", "Talked?", "Yes... didn't you... hear that?", "You can understand him?", "I can... can't you?", "No." Ranya-an shook her head. Sitri closed his eyes. "...I can... I can hear what they say... for a while now... I thought it was normal. Is it normal or isn't it?", "No, it isn't. Just as it isn't normal to sense emotions!", "... I am unnormal? Is that it?" Ranya-an nodded. "Kinda...", "Do you reject me because of this?", "What? No!", "... I see..." Sitri opened his blank eyes again. His face was just without any motion. "So it is alright...?" Ranya-an wanted to say no but she withheld it. Nothing was alright here, but she couldn't tell Sitri. Even tho he was unable to feel anything, she didn't want to hurt him. Tho... did anything even hurt him? "... Yeah, it is." She nodded. "Okay... If you... say so...", "Hey... I got something for you.", "For me...?", "Yeah. Come." She entered her house and Sitri followed her, obedient as he was. She opened a parcel and gave him a red scarf. "Here.", "A... scarf...?", "Yes. I want you to have it because... Well... it keeps you warm." Sitri took it into his hands and looked at it. "... it's soft... Why do you... give me this?", "It's a present. Don't ask why someone gives you a present.", "Okay... Miss Ranya..." Sitri put the scarf around his neck. "So... this will... keep me warm?", "Yeah.", "Will it... end the coldness inside of me?", "..." Ranya narrowed her eyes. "Sitri...", "Will it...?", "It... Yes...", "...Okay... thank you, mistress..." He bowed and buried his face in his new scarf. "Can I... do something for you... in return?", "No. Not right now.", "...Okay... If you don't need me... shall I... simply wait in my room then...?", "Yeah...", "Okay..." Sitri walked past her and climbed up the stairs. Ranya-an looked after him and then sat down on her sofa. This wasn't right. His powers went out of control. This developing of new skills from outta nowhere was not normal. She made a mistake somewhere, and she knew that it could end up dangerous. If she couldn't find a way how to diminish or stop that or how to make it right again, she would end up facing a problem. She didn't know what kind of powers Sitri could attain in the future. Probably some that would be incredibly dangerous. What had she done...? Why was this all happening? Her creations had always witnessed perfection, so where was the flaw when she created Sitri? If everything ended up bad, she would have to delete Sitri again. There was no way past it if this kept occuring... His current abilities might be harmless... or... were they?