Chapter 1- The Gate

Yuki left the class room as fast as she could. Hell, eleventh grade was so god damn nasty on the very first day. Let alone wearing contact lenses all day. She had to cover up her red eyes with blue contact lenses. Hiko came after her. „Hey, are you in a hurry or something or why do you run away like chased by wasps?", „School, Hiko. School. That's enough as an answer.", „Hey, you don't need to attend high school. You're here volunteerly. So stop jerking around." Yuki stuck out her tongue as she hurried down the hallways before she noticed they had a shadow. Someone was following them. Hiko noticed that too and sped up her steps. "It's Haru..." she whispered. Yuki rolled her eyes. "Oh hell no... What does he want from us?", "I dunno. Just run."

They rushed down the stairs towards the school's gate. To their surprise, Fusaaki stood there waiting. When he noticed them, he waved. "Hey!", "Saaki!" Yuki ran towards him and Hiko followed her. That's when Haru left his cover and closed up to them. "Hey, uh... Hana-san?", "Whaddcha want?" Yuki turned around. "No, I don't give you my English homework in case you want to ask that.", "No, that's not it..." Fusaaki raised his eyebrows in confusion and Hiko leaned towards him. "...class mate of ours. Nothing special", she whispered. "Ah." Fusaaki nodded. "Good to know.", "Then please get straight to the point, we are in a hurry." Yuki demanded Haru. Haru looked to the ground. "I... uhm... it's like this... er... I... I wanted to tell you that..." He blushed and stuttered around, sounding like a complete fucking idiot. "You wanted to tell me what?", "I..." The next moment, Fusaaki rested an arm around her shoulder and stepped next to her. His look was annoyed as fuck. "Got something to say?" he asked. "By the way, she's MINE." Yuki pulled a face. 'Idiot...' she thought. Haru looked at him. Fusaaki was at least one head taller than him and he seemingly seemed to be scared by him. "...O-oh... s-sorry..." he said with a high voice and ran away. Fusaaki stared after him. "...What a coward.", "Was that necessary?" Yuki shoved his arm down her shoulder. He crossed his arms. "That has eased some things. Rather be thankful to me, he won't annoy you anymore.", "...You're probably right. What are you even doing here?", "I go to school here.", "Wait... since when?", "Since... uh... today.", "Wow. Oh, that's why you wear our school uniform. What class?", "12-C. And? How's life as an eleven-grader?", "As messed up as before.", "That calms me down. Now then, shall we leave?", "Yeah, great idea." They walked down the road. "Are we visiting Satan and the others today?" Hiko asked. Yuki nodded. "Yeah, it feels like I haven't seen them for ages.", "...It's been one week.", "Yeah, still.", "Are Tir'an and Azra still alive?" Fusaaki asked with his hands in the pockets of his jacket. "They are the first ones to get each other killed in training.", "I hope so." Hiko mumbled. "Most likely, Tir'an accidentally shot Azra.", "That's why I asked.", "Well, Cayonim or Lucifer are around..." Yuki tapped on her chin with her index finger. "I have huge trust in them that they don't let that happen.", "Lucifer is busy babysitting Satan." Hiko said. "I guess it's either entirely up to Cayonim or Yurai takes over the role of the watchdog.", "Could also be." They turned left into a narrow alley. "Now then..." Hiko stretched out her arm. "Open: Gate to Rauco."

To her surprise, absolutely nothing happened. "...That's new." she mumbled. "Why doesn't the gate open?", "Try again", Fusaaki adviced her. Hiko pulled back the sleeves of her jacket and shirt and looked at the signs on her left downer arm. They were still there and looked like they usually did. She stretched her arm out again. "Open: Gate to Rauco!" The signs glowed slightly but the gate did not open. "...What's this? Why doesn't it open up? It should actually open when I use this gateway spell..." She helplessly looked at Yuki. Fusaaki tilted his head. "...That's actually awkward..." he mumbled and narrowed his eyes. "...", "What's the matter?" Yuki asked him. Fusaaki turned his gaze to the sky. "Yesterday, I was walking home from the supermarket when I saw something extraordinarily weird... There was a golden light in the sky.", "Light? In the sky?", "Yeah. It... somewhat looked like a seal or a pattern or something like that. I decided not to be bothered by it because nothing happened... but now that the gate isn't opening...", "What are you talking about?" Yuki asked with concern in her voice. "...I'm not sure. But... eventually, there is a connection between what I saw and the fact that Rauco's gate seems to be closed... Or maybe not. You should eventually try again some time later.", "That's probably the best thing we can do... But honestly, it really is weird..." Hiko murmured silently. "I agree with that..." Fusaaki nodded. "Maybe, there is a disturbance among the dimensions. Auroria told me something like that happens from time to time but it doesn't last that long. Maybe, there's nothing at it. Just a disturbance that will go away soon.", "You may be right..." Hiko nodded and looked at Yuki. "Let's go home first. We meet up in Rauco later then.", "Alright." Yuki agreed. "See ya in an hour.", "Yep. Bye." Hiko waved at them and left the alley in the direction of the bus stop. Yuki looked at Fusaaki. "I gotta wait anyway, so... can I come with you?", "Sure." he replied, shrugging his shoulders. They walked through the road together. Yuki took out her phone and tapped on the group chat 'Hellbound Souls', where every single one of the Jigoku Akuma was in. She wrote a message. 'Can't enter Rauco right now. Is it due to a disturbance? Do you know that?' Strangely, her message didn't seem to arrive. WhatsApp just showed one hook. That didn't necessarily have to mean anything bad, but still... somehow, she got the feeling something was off. "The message doesn't arrive", Yuki informed the alchemist. Fusaaki nodded. "Hmh... can have multiple reasons tho...", "Yeah..."

As they arrived at Fusaaki's place, he unlocked the door and let her in before he closed the door behind him. "Since the war is over, the exorcists are more active lately." he said. Yuki turned around to him. "'xuse me?", "I've seen them more often.", "How do you recognize them?", "They wear special pendants around their necks... lucky charms. They are supposed to keep evil spirits away. They kinda seem to work... Bacarra's souls dislike being around these people when they pass by.", "How do you know that?", "Take a guess, genius. I was told, of course. The fact that I see more exorcists around the last several days kinda makes me anxious. I mean... it's pretty weird that they show up after Arashi War... some people still cannot explain the complete disappearance of Azmar. It is pretty inexplicable that a city got replaced by dense woodlands, I can understand that... Probably, they suspect it's the doing of a supernatural force.", "Bacarra created the forest with Fuka's power." Yuki remembered. "Hmh... You should be careful." he remarked. "Don't make yourself suspicious, okay? I don't want anything bad to happen to ya.", "Don't worry, Fusaaki. I'm an ice demon, I can defend myself.", "... I don't wanna make you concerned... but exorcists aren't as harmless as you think they are. You surely remember the Erinyea-case, don't you?", "...Oh. Yeah... She was raped by an exorcist and then killed...", "Exactly. She was manipulated by a Seigyo Ofuda, you remember?", "I heard Kanane did steal one from an exorcist and controlled someone to kill Azra's siblings..." Yuki inhaled. "Hell, okay, I know what you mean... I'll be careful, promise.", "Good." He put a hand on her head. "I trust ya, kitten."