Ride Home

Kloe's POV

We pulled up at the McDonalds and people started crowding the car I had no idea what was going on I started to feel my heart pace,my eyes widened , I was short of breath. All I heard was screaming and shouting. Then over all the screaming I heard Felix he told me to calm down and cover my head with his jacket. When we finally got out of that mess, I came out from the jacket and I could here Felix breathing hard. I could tell he was mad.
After driving awhile we pulled up at this pizza place it was much calmer than at McDonalds. We walked in and sat down at a table and a waiter walked up and took our order. I ordered a water with breadsticks. Felix ordered a Dr. Pepper with a small meatlover pizza.

"Kloe can I ask you something?" he asked.

I nodded as I ate a piece of bread and drank some water.

"Did your father almost kill you?"

I froze while he stared blankly at me. I didn't know what to say. Should I lie? Should I tell the truth? Should I say anything? He asked again. Then my mind fled with memories. I nodded ,I decided to tell the truth. We sat there in silence the whole time.

Felix's POV

"Did your dad try to kill you?" I asked.
She froze. I asked again.She nodded this time. For the rest of the time we sat in silence.
We got back in the car. She didn't eat anything but a bite of bread stick. I hope she doesn't have a eating disorder because I eat a lot.
We got home and Mariza,Maya,and Edgar were sitting in the living room I carried Kloe's suitcase to her room I have to say she done a awesome job on the room. The walls were a baby blue with a black infinity sign above the headboard of the bed and under it said never give up on your dreams. The bed was a swing bed with a chevron bed comforter and pillow case.
"Here's your room." I said.
She nodded.
"I'll let you change into your pjs. Come down when your ready."

Kloe's POV

I nodded again,then he left. I sat on my bed and waited to hear footsteps go down the stairs. I opened my suitcase grabbed the black small draw string bag which contained a small pocket knife I walked into the bathroom and began to draw. I drew two stars then wiped up the bloody mess,changed into my pjs and took out the picture of momma looked at and put it under my pillow and took out my little blue diary.

06/9/14
Dear, Diary

Today I was adopted for the fourth time I have a good suspicion that he is like the others. I'm trying to stay calm and cool but it is real hard not to bust. Felix seems nice but it's hard to trust any one. They have dogs there pugs but I have never been around dogs before so I do not trust them. I have to go now someone's coming. Goodbye
Love, Kloe

"Kloe are you decent?" He asked.
" Yes." I stuttered.
"Can you come out here?" he asked.

I came out in my pjs. He smiled and called me a cutie . He took me down to Mariza , Maya, and Edgar. Mariza was holding two square boxes covered in wrapping paper.

"Here these are for you!" she said excitedly.
I opened the boxes to find a lap top and a iPhone 5c.
"Thanks!" I said