Chapter Twenty-Six: Stalling

604 Words 0-0
Date of Publication: February 25, 2020
Don't forget to vote/like the episode!

John POV

"Keon." I spat the word out with disgust.

"Mr. Doe," he replies nonchalantly. "Last time I saw you on a Turf Wars field, there were middle school children scattered around you. Now, the Royals of the two most powerful schools in the region are scattered around you."

"Again, they got what they deserved." I growl.

"It's okay, John. Whatever happens, I'll be with you. So just keep going."

"I never asked for your opinion!" I bark at the voice. Keon gazes at me before reaching for something in his pocket.

I prepare for action, but the awful man simply pulls out a walkie talkie.

"Keon requesting backup. Location is Wellston Turf Field, come as soon as possible. This is a raven situation, I repeat, a raven situation. Follow threat level 10 protocol."

I watch him, pure rage radiating from my body.

"I see you're angry. Why should you deserve that?" Keon speaks with such authority, even an official above him would be scared. But not me.

"John. He's calling for backup. Don't you get it? He's scared of you. He can't handle you on his own so he's making other people do it for him!"

I grin.

"Wow Keon. A grown man scared of a high school student? Simply pathetic." His eyes widen, but a contrasting smile appears on his face.

"Now I thought I was the one supposed to pick at the other. Guess I was wrong." Keon shrugs, continuing to speak. "Before the rest of my colleagues come, I must ask you something."

I nod, curious as of what he's saying.

"What happened to Evie and Rowan? Lin and Hower?"

The names don't remind me of anybody.

"Who?"

"The amped up low-tiers. They were planning to take you down. Remember?" He smiles.

"He's been planning this the whole time. The authorities are trying to get rid of you."

Whatever sanity is left in me seems to disappear.

My crimson eyes ignite, Keon's pale grey's do the same.

"Oh my god, the authorities really are pathetic little children, aren't they? You've been trying to get rid of me for a long time, huh? Do I scare you?" I growl.

Keon stares at me, his pleased expression unchanged. "If we wanted you dead, you wouldn't even have been born. Maybe if you didn't think so highly of your useless self, you could, oh I don't know, do something right in your life?" His words went through me. Why should I care what a dirtbag thinks of me?

"Oh, sure. I'll definitely give in to the authorities this time!" A bloody red, pitch black and golden hue morphed together and surrounded my fists as I activated my ability. Then I saw the best thing I'd seen in a while.

Fear in Keon's disgusting grey eyes.

"You shouldn't be like this! That's not how she promised you!" The man barked.

She? Who promised him what?

"Sure, try to stall. But I'm not stupid! It's just another one of your tricks isn't it?" I lunge at him. He doesn't move, or try to dodge. He lets me hit him.

But he doesn't even budge. "You know I was trained to deal with you. I know all of your moves, John Doe."

"I don't like that tone. Be quiet!" I bark at him. He rolls his eyes.  Keon walks towards me. My hands begin to tremble more with each step the red headed torturer takes.

"Face it, John. You're weak. You might as well be a useless cripple."