Chapter Thirteen: The King of Everything

909 Words :)
Date of Publication: June 10, 2019
Don't forget to vote/like the episode!

John's Thoughts
One day before the Ability Fest
Wellston High School Hallway, 7:20 AM

I'll just skip class today. It's not like Sera likes me anymore.

Ever since Seraphina's outburst at the auditorium, John had been avoiding her. And she had no idea why.

When she approached him in the hall, he'd walk away.

When she texted him, he'd leave her on read.

When she knocked at his door, he'd ignore it.

She had no idea why he was being like that!

Ooh! Maybe I can prepare for that ability festival thingymabob. I need a costume right?

Eh, I feel too lazy right now. I couldn't care less about the dumb event.

John slowly climbed the stairs that led up to the roof.

"Hello, John! I was thinking of giving you some more power for the Ability Fest tomorrow. Do you want some?"

"Yes!" He said, grinning.

John had forgotten about the mother joke the voice made, and started obsessing over power.

He would do anything for just a small hand to hand combat trick. Or for battle advice. Or for ability boosters.

And I mean he would do anything.

"What is the power?" The ravenette asked.

"Well, it has to do with auras. Once you sense an aura, you can strengthen or weaken it as much as you'd like. But be careful, permanent damage may occur."

"Ha! You sound like a PSA. Is it a painful power to inherit?"

"Yes. It may be the worst yet."

How can anything be worse than the first power inheritance? I couldn't feel my body for a few days after...

But I still want it.

So.

Badly.

"Ah- that doesn't matter. Can I have it?"

The voice in John's head was glad he had become so power hungry.

It made it feel successful.

"Well okay, but first let me give you an idea for the festival. To make you a bit recognizable, dress in your old New Bostin clothes, and wear your Executioner mask over your face."

John cringed at the mention of his old school.

But the voice sounded smart, so he reluctantly agreed.

"Get ready for immense pain!"

Both John and his Power Voice loved the suffering of others.

John's thoughts
Date of Ability Fest
Wellston High School's Turf War Location, 6:30 AM

John was the only one from Wellston at the Turf Wars spot.

He wore his blue sweatshirt with a beige t-shirt underneath, and cargo shorts around his waist. The look was finished by black Nike sneakers on top of John's thin black socks and a midnight colored Executioner's mask.

The Turf Wars field was divided into sections based on schools. Wellston's section was the biggest of all.

The dressed up killer sat in his bare section and thought for a while.

Ugh it's getting kind of boring here. I'll go check out the other schools and see who's here.

The rest of the schools had already arrived, since they were all located very far away. Tents were pitched up in their areas, behind the signs stating the name of the school and its King.

John walked around and read the signs.

Avalon Ability High, Sam Sats

Ace Turf High, Ty Lore

Carsun City High, Andy Bark

Drakeville High, Dylan G.

Ferris School of Powers, Kody Killer

Hector's Middle and High School, Jimmy Beast

Juvenile School of Advanced Abilities, Felix Pie

Koala School of Comedy and Power, Donkey Kong

Lemonville, California State High, Brad Chadson

Minnesota Bears High, Gavin Higgins

"Ugh I hate reading signs..." John closed his eyes before reading the sign in front of him.

New Bostin High School, Adrion Maguire

"WHAT?!" John yelled in an angry voice.

He heard rustling in the nearest tent.

A boy with spiky blonde hair walked out of the grey tent.

He saw a strange boy hyperventilating in front of his school's sign.

"Uh, excuse me? Can I help you?" It was Adrion, John's past best friend. The new King of New Bostin.

"Umm... who are you?" He asked before realizing.

"Cargo pants? Blue sweatshirt? Tall? Muscular? Pasty? Beige shirt?" He murmured. "JOHN?!" He yelled.

The ravenette looked at him and activated Terrence's invisibility ability.

A-Adrion's here?!

Does that mean...

A girl with braids came out of the tent.

"Adrion? What's wrong? I heard yelling."

Monster.

The word echoed through John's mind, and he lost control for a second.

In that second, he took off his mask to wipe of the sweat.

From loosing focus, his ability deactivated.

"JOHN?!" Claire screamed.

He looked up in a panic.

Sh*t!

He ran as fast as he could, scooping up the mask just before he was out of his betrayer's sight.

Panting, John returned to his school's section, wearing his mask.

That face cover was almost like a power restraint for the boy. Somehow, it reminded him that people have loving families. So he would go easy on people with that mask on.

But oh..

His encounter with New Bostin's royals made him loose his emotional restraints.

And he was back to his old self.

The King of everything.

Heyo! Hope you liked the chapter!

Follow my account for exclusive announcements and contests for this fan fiction!

Don't forget to like/vote the episode!

It's gonna get spicy in the next few chapters.

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!

Ilysm!!

Bai!

-me