Secrets and Cats?

Start from the beginning

A green blush spread over his cheeks, but before he could respond, he gasped. "Look out!"

Sam spun around and...

SLASH!

The Anguis' elongated claws swiped at her, reaching her arm. Her hood had fallen off, letting her illuminated locks of green and purple fly free. She landed in Danny's arms, clutching her arm.

"Hey, are you alright?" He panicked. He saw blood gushing from between her fingers. Gently, he set her down on the pavement.

"Do you need-" He paused when she looked up at him. Her face, her eyes...

It felt like his heart was in his throat. "S-Sam?" he stammered. 

Sam gasped and pushed him away, avoiding eye contact as she pulled her hood back up.

"Sam, y-you...," he cut himself off. "Ah!"

The Anguis's long arm was headed towards them. In a flash, Danny was in front Sam. He caught the large scaled limb in his grasp. Danny grunted as he held on tightly on to the Anguis. Using his supernatural strength, he lifted the serpent off the ground and threw it over his shoulder, sending it hurtling down the street.

Now, it was Sam's turn to be impressed. He's stronger than I thought.

Struggling to catch his breath, Danny turned back to her.

"Are you okay, uh, Sam?" Danny asked uneasily.

Sam got up from the ground, still covering the wound on her arm.

"Yes," Sam said, "I'm alright."

Might as well let another cat out of the bag, she smirked at the sound of Zoey's voice.

"Thank you, Danny," she stated, casually.

Danny was too busy trying to get a good look at the scrape on her arm to notice that she used his name.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "You took a pretty good hit, and I don't-"

He froze. His green eyes widened. His face was priceless.

He looked at her in a strange mixture of bewilderment, panic, and a hint of humiliation.

He gaped like a fish. "I...uh...y-you...m-my name isn't...," he truly was speechless.

Before Sam could tease him anymore, the Anguis was back. It slammed its huge tail into Danny, sending him flying.

Hoping to lure the beast away, Sam ran for it. It didn't take the reptilian beast long to catch her scent.

As she ran, Sam desperately wracked her brain on what to do next. With her arm freshly wounded, there wasn't much she could do for now. Her breathing was getting ragged and her legs were wearing out quickly. She could hear the beast behind her. She could feel it getting closer.

Just as the Anguis was about clamp its jaws down on her, a black shadow, the size of a fully grown tiger, tackled the hellish serpent into an alleyway. The shadow moved so fast, the wake knocked Sam to the ground where she laid, panting.

A pained hiss echoed out of the alley, followed by the gut-churning sound of flesh being ripped from bone.

On the ground, Sam desperately tried to catch her breath. She shakily tried to raise herself up and looked over to the alley.

"Sam!" Danny called as he flew down next to her.

"What happened?" Jazz cried as she ran towards the two of them, followed by Tucker, who was supporting Valerie.