Chapter 34 - Lena's POV

Two weeks later —————

I had stayed at the hospital for a day to ensure that everything was alright before I was cleared to go back to the main house.

Zach had passed during the fight with Sam and Richard and it was actually Bryan who took Richard out after he attempted to kill me while I was down.

We lost several wolves mainly due to the fact that the rogues fought dirty and would go three wolves to one or attack them while they were helping another wolf.

Since I was technically the true born Alpha of the Blue Rock it was then my decision to decide what would happen. It wasn't a hard choice but it was one I had to make, after conversing with both Sky and Tyler I decided that Tyler would still become the next Alpha but only make decisions after he brought them by me first. We would both run the Blue Rock but with me having to stay at Black Moon I had to be where I was needed the most.

I left the same day to go back to Vermont with the rest of the Light Wolves to bury Zach. It was a small funeral, just us, as we stood in a circle around him in the custom burial ceremony of werewolves. Afterward it was silent in the house with only the sound of our movement or the house creaking in the wind, it was solemn. I stayed with them for several days before getting on a train back to the Black Moon promising to make visits every now and then before giving everyone a hug and leaving.

When I got back I slept for two days hating myself when I woke up but being told that I needed it after everything that happened.

With everything that had happened recently and things relatively going back to normal I could finally get back to being Dylan's mate and future Alpha of the pack.

It was late and Dylan was still in a meeting with his father when I decided that what I really needed was a bath and some incense to help me relax. I was still bruised and aching.

"The meeting's over, where are you?" Dylan asked a half hour later.

"I'm in the bathtub. It'd be greatly appreciated if you could bring some tea before you come up." I answered.

I drifted back off until a light knocking on the door brought me back to reality.

"You alright?" he asked placing a mug on the counter next to the sink. "Looked like you weren't there for a second." He put the back of his hand against my forehead.

"I'm fine, no need to worry about me. I'm still healing and I needed something to help ease the tension." I told him.

He reached back to get the mug and handed it to me, "Wasn't sure which you liked so I made you a cup of black and added honey to it."

I nodded my thanks as I took a sip. "Alright I'm about to get out." I told him handing the cup back.

He stood and left the bathroom. I pulled the plug on the drain and stood up grabbing the towels hanging next to the tub. I used one to dry my hair and was drying myself off with the other one when I felt hands trail down my shoulders.

"I've never seen them before, and I'm sorry." he said tracing the scars on my back and shoulders.

"That was then and this is now, so don't be sorry for what happened in the past." I told him.