Chapter 28 - Sky's POV

Something was coming and we could all feel it. Everyone was becoming restless as the days went by and no one had word on what Richard was planning yet. We had sent out scouts to watch for anything unusual but nothing had happened so far and it had turned into a game of waiting for something to happen. Lena had contacted the Light Wolves a few days before for them to join us against Richard and they were scheduled to arrive any day now. In the meantime Alpha Duke and Dylan were making plans for every direction that this situation could go in. Carol and Lexi were busy stocking up on medical supplies and made we sure we had enough if Richard started a fight which we were confident that he was planning, the only problem was when.

Lena, Sebastian, and I helped when we could, giving information like how large the pack was, how many would take part and what we were expecting from them. After every meeting Lena would disappear and not come back for hours and sometimes not till the next morning.

I started after her after one of the meetings ended and Lexi held her arm out in front of me.

"Just leave her, she lived with a monster for most of her life and is now helping us plan to take him down. She always comes back when she's ready." I watched Lena disappear into the trees before going back into the house to rejoin Lexi and the others.

"One week"

The voice in my head stopped me in my tracks. Could it really be?

"He's coming in one week. He's bringing the rogues with him. Prepare."

And then it was silent but I knew who it was, it was Taylor and the warning she gave couldn't have come any sooner but what had me wondering was why? Why did she warn us and not just let us suffer the consequences of Richard's anger.

Sebastian walked around the corner, "You heard her too didn't you?" he asked.

I nodded, "But could Lena gave gotten the same message?"

"No, Taylor's our sister and Lena's cousin, the link works differently with members who aren't directly related. Unless...." he answered.

"Unless what Sebastian?" I asked him.

"Well the two of them had a pretty strong relationship so it could be possible but most likely not a possibility" He answered sounding a little unsure of himself.

"We can worry about that later, right now we have to let the others know what Taylor just told us." I told him heading back towards the dining room were we held our meetings.

————

"So you're telling me that you're going to trust your sister just based on what she says. She could be playing you or  leading us into some sort of trap." John exclaimed coming to stand next to Duke.

"I owe it to her, not because she's my sister but because we left her behind. She had no part in Richard's plan, she's being forced to participate in whatever he has planned and because of that she can tell us what is happening from being behind the enemy lines."

Silence filled the room as everyone took in what I said. They knew I was right they just had difficulty accepting that while Tyler was aiding Richard, Taylor was aiding us by also helping them.

"So what do we do?" Duke asked.

"We do what she says...prepare" I answered.

There was a pause before someone spoke up from the back of the room.

"And how do you suggest we do that? You say that she told you that he was coming in a week, but what if you're wrong, what if she's lying and she really is working for the enemy?"

We all turned to look at the person who had spoken and saw a middle aged man I didn't recognize.

"Adam I wouldn't do any-"

"Are you suggesting that our sister is helping our father attack your pack so Richard could take Lena back. Our sister hates her father as much as we do, he's controlling, manipulative, an alcoholic, and abusive. The only people who care for him his is mate, Tyler, and his more devoted pack members. So I would think twice before you go an accuse someone you don't even know."

Sebastian had beaten me to it and all I could do was stand and watch and just let it happen.

The room was silent for a solid five seconds before Adam tried to lunge at Sebastian yelling about some "no good kid who doesn't know about pack laws", Duke blocked him with his arm.

"I warned you not to try anything, but you had to be a dumbass and poke something you weren't supposed to." Duke pushed him back into the corner just as someone we weren't expecting walked through the door.

"I couldn't help but overhearing your statement but we have other things to worry about; we have guests out back who would like to speak to you, all of you." Lena announced walking in, her eyes passing over everyone stopping a second longer on Adam and coming to stop on Duke across the room. 

She turned around walked back out without saying anything else. The rest of us filed out behind and when we walked out the back door we noticed the trucks first, there were five of them parked a few yards away, duffles piled in the back along with what looked like rolled up tents and hammocks.

"Hey! I'm Zach, the appointed leader of the Light Wolves. We heard you might need help so we came, if you don't end up needing any we're sorry for the trouble." Zach approached Duke with his hand outstretched.

Duke shook his hand "We'd be grateful for your help, it's not going to be fair fight for us as Richard has a pack almost twice as big and he has the rogues on his side." he told Zach.

I scanned my eyes over the group of roughly 10 - 15 people. I spotted Lena off to the side seeming almost disinterested even though I could sense she was anything but, Lexi wrapped her arm around me breaking my concentration.

"What do you think? Are they really here to help us or do you think they work for Richard?" she asked in a whisper.

"Lena spent some time with them before coming to Duke's pack earning friendships and alliances in the process. If she trusts them so do I." I responded kissing her temple.

Introductions were made before Duke invited his guests inside.

"We have spare rooms where you guys can bunk and make yourselves at home. Our territory is your territory while we deal with our current circumstances." Duke told them as we filed into the main room.

"Thank you for the hospitality. We do have a few newer members who would appreciate a bed and a roof over their head but the rest of us would prefer to help keep the perimeter watched in case Richard decides to send an unwanted guest." Zach responded pointing out a handful of younger men in his group.

"Lexi and Lena would you mind showing them to their rooms and then come and join us out back please." Duke called as he headed through the kitchen.

Duke lead us out of the house onto the back patio where we either sat down or stood around in expecting of what Duke was going to tell us. Shortly later Lena walked out and closed the door behind her.

"Lexi said she could handle the room assignments and that I was the only one here who actually knows how they work." She said gesturing to our guests who occupied one of the sides of the patio.

"So you know all of them?" Duke asked.

"Except for the new members yes, we all think of her as a sister." Zach answered.

"Alright, we'll wait for Lexi and the rest before we start. In the meantime what can you tell us about our guests Lena and what you suggest that we should do within the next few days to prepare. Also if you could enlighten us about your pack and who would most likely side with Richard that would be helpful as well.