Chapter 33

Dylan's POV
From where I was in the group to the right of the main group it was silent except for the breathing of the wolves around me. Lexi's pale wolf stood next to me occasionally glancing in my direction. We were waiting for Richard and the rogues to move before we were going to move in around them and take them out from the back and from there direct them towards the cliff edge and corner them there.

A low howl rose over the trees making the birds go quiet. We waited as it faded before dying down. Everything went quiet again and we waited for our signal to move in. Sky came over on my other side, "She'll be fine, she's tougher than she looks and can stand up for herself." he said.

I nodded but didn't have the chance to respond when we got the signal through the link, this was it. We moved in the direction of the main fight spreading out to catch any rogues that decided to make a break for it before moving in on the west side.

We heard the fight before we could see it and stopped and waited. It didn't take long before we heard the crashing of the underbrush and several seconds later five wolves ran out being chased by one of our patrol scouts. Two of us stepped in to stop them and they were quickly dispatched of.

We didn't have to wait much longer before a larger group came through and I moved in to aid in taking them down. We were almost done when there was a searing pain in my right rear leg. I stopped and looked in the direction of the main group, Sky had stopped and was looking as well.

"You two go we got this if we do need help we'll call for it." Andy another patrol scout spoke up giving a quick nod in our direction.

Sky and I glanced at each other before tearing off into a full run heading right for the main fight.

—————

Lena's POV
My howl had just died when the rogues surged forward barreling into the wolves around and behind me. It seemed that they had been told to leave me alone as they moved right me as if I wasn't even there. Richard stood in front of me not moving but judging by his stance and body language it wasn't going to stay that way.

I tensed preparing for him to lunge forward when something from my right crashed into Richard throwing him off his feet and sent him staggering. He righted himself before lunging himself at his attacker shifting as he did. The wolf dodged to the right easily.

I trotted up beside the wolf before realizing that I've never seen him before.

"Need any help?" I heard Gregory's voice in my head.

"Stick around if you want to, not sure where this rogue leader is but if both of them decide to team up against me I'll need the help." I told him.

What happened next surprised the both of us when Richard's black wolf snorted and walked off. We looked at each other in confusion when something large and heavy collided with my side knocking me into Gregory and sending both of us to the ground.

Our attacker was a rogue who was joined shortly by three other wolves one being from Richard's pack.

"We can take them. I go right you go left and we watch each other's back." I heard Gregory again.

I nodded before lunging to the left and quickly dispatching the closest wolf before he could gain the upper hand, I turned on my heel just in time to avoid one of the wolves going my head. I ducked catching his leg in my jaws as he went over and pulling him back to the ground. Gregory grabbed him by the throat and gave a hard twist breaking it easily. Stepping back from the dead wolf we gave each other a nod in acknowledgement and was about to head back into the fray together when I felt an intense pain in my thigh as I was knocked off my feet and dragged backwards several feet.