Chapter 6 ➼ 𝒰𝓃𝒾𝓉𝓎 𝒟𝒶𝓎

Start from the beginning

"Well I'm going after her, are you coming or not?"

Angelina groans, taking a large swallow of the drink that burns her throat before barging out of the tent and following Finn.

Angelina follows Finn through the woods in the dark as he leads her to the grounder's cave. Octavia had told her that his name is Lincoln. Just as Angelina opens her mouth to try to talk Finn into going back to camp, she sees Lincoln helping Octavia out of the cave.

Finn spots the pair as he pulls out the knife that Lincoln had stabbed him with. Angelina sighs, wondering how the boy got the knife in the first place.

Lincoln whips out a knife, ready to attack when Octavia grabs his arm, "Finn? Lincoln wait! He's my friend."

Octavia then sees Angelina as she steps around Finn. Octavia sighs, running a hand over her face as Angelina says, "I tried stalling him."

Finn slowly turns the knife in his hand, extending the handle to Lincoln as he says, "I think you lost this."

The three of them follow Lincoln back into the cave as Octavia asks Finn, "So what the hell are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing," Finn responds as Angelina leans against the wall. "I could also ask how long you've known he can speak English, but I won't." Finn then turns, lifting a hand-held horn. He turns to Lincoln and says, "You blew this when your people were hunting us."

Lincoln slowly nods.

"You saved our lives," Finn says. "I have to believe there's more like you."

Angelina watches as Lincoln moves closer to Finn, saying, "I stabbed you."

"And we tortured you," Finn says back. "If the two of us can get along, maybe there's hope. Learn from history instead of repeating it, right?"

"How's that gonna happen?" Octavia asks, glancing between Angelina and Lincoln.

"For starters, no more killing," Finn sighs.

"I don't have the power to call a truce," Lincoln says.

Angelina takes another swallow of her unity juice as she says, "Then get us to someone who does. The rest of our, well their people, are coming down soon. The first ship launches in like two days."

"It's true," Octavia tells Lincoln.

"And because they know about the attacks, they're sending mostly soldiers down first." Finn explains. "They're the people who enforce our laws. The ark is about survival at any cost and they kill those who step out of line."

"It's true. They locked me up simply because they didn't understand me. You know, since I'm a fairy tale and what not." Angelina rolls her eyes.

"When those people get down here, if they feel threatened, they will start a war." Finn continues. "I don't want that. Neither do you and I think that's why you blew that horn." Lincoln stays quiet as Finn continues to talk, "Once the soldiers get here it will be too late. But if they see that we're at peace, then maybe we have a chance to keep it that way."

Lincoln considers Finn's words as he nods. "Alright. You bring your leader, I'll bring mine."

Octavia scoffs. "Bellamy? He'll never agree to this."

"No, not your brother," Lincoln says as he glances to Angelina.

"Clarke," Finn says. The boy turns to leave while Angelina stays.

She watches Lincoln as she says, "So what's sleya mean?"

Lincoln glances up at the girl as Octavia watches Lincoln. "I don't know if I'm the one who should be telling you this."