CHAPTER 34 - DESTINED WIRES

Start from the beginning

Di's hand the ones that's been resting on my shoulder silently for support now presses my shoulder as she tries to offer me some comfort and I say – " goddamit khushi, where are you dammit..",and I bang my hand on the dashboard again in sheer distress.

Right then Mom says – " Chotte, wait...you know what..we checked all the major hospitals right, but we totally missed out on that small nursing home...right around and near CP too, the one in which your Nani had her knee correction surgery, you know how she wouldn't go to any other hospital because she was more comfortable with the surgeons there...we missed that hospital..."

I nod – " Mom you are right, but that's just a nursing home, that too a small one, I am sure, no casualties are taken there..."

Di – " but why don't we look Chotte??? No harm , its just 30 minutes from where we are right now.."

I nod.

And I quickly instruct Verma Uncle to take the car to My Nani's favouritest Nursing Home in all of New Delhi.

She would always go only there for any check -ups and follow ups when she was here in Delhi, visiting us or staying with us for a while, because she loved the Doctors who owned the nursing home.

They were from Lucknow.

She had a different UP connect with them, altogether.

I open my phone again and try Khushi's number again.

But in Vain.

In Vain.

I am so distressed and I am sure my mother and sister can spot every bit on it on my face.

I scroll through my whtsapp texts of Khushi, as I try to offer my Distressed Heart some Comfort.

Where are you, my Love??

Where are you????

.........................

In the Meanwhile -

Devyani Malik (Arnav's Nani) speaks to Dr Gayatri as she asks – " Gayatri beta, how is that girl, is she better now??she has been sleeping for the last four hours ever since I bought her here..i don't even know her name, yet, and her phone is broken too, and there was no wallet in her bag too, so I could not get hands on any id etc.. I want to be able to inform her family, but I have no way of knowing anything until she wakes up...but beta, please make sure that she is fit and fine, she saved me, or else I can't even imagine the impact that hit on the head would have had on a old lady like me"

(Lets Rewind – A Little)

Devyani Malik arrived in Delhi this late morning, with the wish to give a surprise visit to her daughter and the rest of the family, and that is why she had used an airport taxi to get to Shantivan, however when she was around the outskirts of CP, the car had a breakdown and while the driver was looking into it, she had got off the car herself to check if it was going to take very long, at the nearby Curb.

She had been standing at the Curb, when she spotted this young beautiful girl come up to her kindly as she asked – " aunty, can I help you?? Your car seems to be broken down, and I don't think you should be standing under all this sun...its not right for you, what if you get a heat stroke...where are you going aunty? I can book an uber for you, or maybe you can take my taxi, I will just get myself another one..."

Devyani smiled at this girl and cupped her face – " thank you beta, but no I will not take your taxi, maybe if you can book me another one, I am surprised to see someone in this day and age step out to help a old lady on the curb,I have family here beta but I am not calling them because this visit is supposed to be a surprise.."