"Against what?" Joel narrowed his eyes.

Mikael pressed his lips together and stepped toward Elena, holding the dagger out to her. "You leaving this in my heart," he said. "You see, a vampire can't dagger an Original without dying. So, it falls to you."

Elena took the dagger. "You want me to actually dagger you?"

"Klaus will leave nothing to chance. Especially when it comes to trust," Mikael insisted. "Now, before you use the dagger...Where is my daughter?"

"Rebekah?" Elena raised her eyebrows. "She's upstairs."

"No, not Rebekah," Mikael shook her head. "Luciana. She is still alive, isn't she?"

"What do you want with Lucy?" Stefan's voice was low and threatening as he stepped toward the Original.

Mikael gave Stefan an appraising look. "I have not seen my daughter in over a thousand years because of Klaus," he spat the hybrid's name. "I simply wish to see her."

"She's not involved in this," Joel spoke up protectively. "She doesn't know about our plan and we want to keep her out of it. If you want to see her, it will have to wait after Klaus is dead."

Mikael nodded in acceptance. "Well, then," he turned to Elena. "Let's get on with it, shall we?"

Twenty minutes later, Mikael was on the floor, desiccated with a dagger in his heart. Stefan sat a few feet away from him, his phone pressed to his ear while he waited for Klaus to answer his call.

He couldn't wait to be done with all of this.

"Portland is fantastic once you can get over all the whiny music and healthy-looking people," Klaus greeted him at once. "It's literally a breeding ground for werewolves."

Stefan didn't have time for small talk. "Your father's dead."

The other line was quiet for a few seconds. "What did you say to me?"

"Oh, my mistake," Stefan rolled his eyes. "Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael is daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?"

"Well, first, I want you to explain to me exactly what happened."

Stefan told him everything just like they all planned for him to do. He didn't add or forget anything to make sure that Klaus and the others thought his compulsion was still intact.

"I want to see him," Klaus growled angrily. "I want to see his rotting body for myself."

"Well, he's here," Stefan stood up and glanced at Mikael's body. "Come by whenever."

"If you're lying to me, Stefan, your compulsion will expose you," Klaus reminded him. "So answer with your life. Is what you're saying the truth?"

"It's true," Stefan clenched his jaw. "I saw it with my own eyes."

"I want to talk to Rebekah."

Stefan's eyes darted to Damon and Joel, both of them nodding at him. "That's not a problem. She's right here."

He walked over to Rebekah, where she was staring at her father's body with wet eyes, and handed her the phone.

"Hello, Nik," she said softly into the phone.

"Rebekah, love, what's this I hear about Mikael's tragic run-in with a dagger?"

"It's true," Rebekah exhaled. "He's finally out of our lives for good. I miss you. I'm miserable here."

"I'll be home soon," Klaus promised.