(Respira | Breathe)

Diana was speechless, she wanted to argue, to refute the accusation that was splayed across the couch, but she knew it was futile. She couldn't break the grip Rebecka had on her brother. Edward made her clean up the mess but this time he gave her a cleaning product that removed the reluctant stain, he knew exactly what to use, just as she had suspected. She had scrubbed and scrubbed until the stain was as faded as she could make it, she looked at the clock and was shocked to see it was nearly 3 a.m. She trudged up to bed only to be startled awake two hours later by a nightmare, she woke up screaming, tears streaming down her face, crying out for Kai.

He had been gone since Rebecka had burst into the bathroom and Diana woke to an empty house clawing at the air, begging for someone to come ease her fears. Kai must have heard her somehow and faintly appeared in front of her bed looking sad as he realized he could give her no shoulder to cry on as he would have gone right through her.

She had her face in her hands but must have sensed he was there or something because she looked up suddenly, tears flowing down her face like small rough rivers. She looked at him, her shaky breathing violently shaking her body, she didn't say anything and neither did he. Kai came and sat next to her on the bed as she began to calm her breathing and collect herself, she laid back down and after a few minutes of silence, Kai finally spoke.

"So, do you wanna talk about it?", he tread carefully on the topic.

"Not particularly"

"Okay, but I'll be here if you do, you know me, I'll always be right here", Kai said with a slight chuckle.

Eventually, she fell back asleep but he wasn't capable of sleeping so he stayed there next to her, lying awake for hours, waiting for his best friend to return to him.