The Crowded Train Wreck that is High School

Ah, Freshman year of high school, everyone's favorite time, full of precious, shatteringly embarrassing memories that haunt you for the rest of your life.

Diana and Kai had remained friends throughout their mutually awkward middle school experience, and their bond was unbreakable.

Kai had transformed into a nerby geek with giant glasses who had been roped into being a fan of anime, in other words, a weeaboo, and not the good kind. The only thing saving him was his height and his now styled curly brown hair. Diana had grown into her natural beauty and grew out her pixie cut to reveal long, thick, black hair, still startling against her beautiful pale skin and eyes. They had another friend named Avani, she was more Kai's friend than Diana's, nevertheless, she often hung around them, she had shoulder-length black hair that was typically pulled back into a low ponytail. Avani believed in "comfort over style" and wore clothes that reflected that belief.  

Their tradition of meeting at the library was still in full force, so much so that all of the librarians knew the group by their names. Life was relatively good, for the trio, until Kai's home life got worse, and he couldn't hide it anymore.