Decisions, Decisions

It was late January, Diana's parents were at home slightly more often during the holidays, but it didn't matter anyway, they were still far away in their minds.

She had known for a while that she wanted to do it, she just didn't know how yet. Maybe overdose, bullet (just like Kai), hanging, jumping off a bridge or building, toaster in the bath, or just a good ol' fashioned stroll through the freeway.

Edward, the only person she might've had left, had gotten a girlfriend. They fell for each other hard and fast, and he was often at her house, she had a real family after all. Diana's only source of familial compassion had vanished, with a low cut tank top and a pair of cowgirl boots.

When she made the final decision to commit suicide by overdosing on her mom's arthritis pain pills, she was determined to follow through. This freezing miserable day only made her conviction stronger as she briskly walked to her empty home. She first took a long, hot shower, scrubbing, shaving and thinking about what was to come. She had her music on and it was almost enjoyable, she realized that she might be happy, right before she was to kill herself, how ironic. She thought that maybe the sweet release of death was what had been making her happy, maybe she would see Kai in whatever the afterlife turned out to be.

She put on comfortable clothes, neatly braided her damp hair, grabbed a cup of water and headed to her mother's medicine cabinet.

She slowly marched up the stairs, turned to her parents' room and got the bottle out. She checked that there was enough to finish the job, of course, it would suck to just get sick and not actually die. After making sure that she had the supply she needed, she poured every pill into her palm, shoved the pile into her mouth,

took a big sip,

and swallowed her demise.