Anime didn't prepare me for this

His whisper was barely audible over the sound of the wind that had developed quickly on top of the building. They could tell it was going to rain soon and either way, Diana was desperate to get out of that situation. She thought that somebody must have slipped some acid into her coffee or something because this couldn't be happening.

"Now I know what you're thinking.", Kai said, gingerly approaching the situation.

"WHAT AM I THINKING THEN?!", she yelled. She felt her emotions tangling up and getting out of her control.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to happen like this."

"YOU DIDN'T MEAN FOR WHAT TO HAPPEN, BECAUSE I'M PRETTY SURE YOU'RE THE ONE WHO PUT THAT BULLET IN YOUR HEAD!!" she was screaming at the top of her lungs, not caring where the wind carried her voice. Tears were coming and she knew it, this was the first time she cried in weeks. She was a mess of being overwhelmingly excited that Kai was right in front of her, being mad that this whole thing was his fault, and being confused as hell how he was here. 

"I KNOW, and I regret the whole thing. I regret doing it and leaving you and Avani behind, I regret the fact that I never told you anything, but mostly how I didn't say goodbye. It may sound cliche but you know me, that's my thing.", he said with a slight smile.

She wasn't amused.

After the bus ride home, she crawled under her cold blankets when she had finished her short dinner. She hadn't seen or heard from Kai since she got off the top of the building and was waiting for him to appear again. She wondered if he watched her all the time when she didn't see him, no that's some weird twilight crap she thought with a little chuckle. Yet she thought about it for a long time, finally drifting to sleep after a lengthy session with her own weird thoughts.

Does he just follow me around without me seeing him?

Did he watch his parents move away? 

Do ghosts need sleep?

Has he seen r e b e c k a?

How long has he been with me like this?

Has he been trying to show himself for a long time?

He better not make fun of me for crying over him, that asshat.