15 - Escape

This is mostly a set-up chapter. For that I apologize. But the action really starts up next chapter, as I'm sure you can tell by the end of this. I'm not sure if this chapter is up to par to my usual stuff. I don't know why - I just felt off writing this. It may also be just because I haven't written it in so long. Let me know what you think truthfully. I would greatly appreciate it. Constructive criticism is better than undeserved praise.

Anyway, read on those fans I have been terrible to ^.^ Also, to those fans of mine in the U.S. - HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

*~*~*~

He could still see it clearly, both in his waking and dreaming hours. The young boy only around ten, a murderous aura pulsating from him. Those luminous blue eyes that simply begged for death, dancing with a twisted light when he was able to relish in Shiro's. That devastating power was terrifying, and yet so tempting. What would it be like to control such a power? Daichi couldn't tell if he was more afraid or enthralled by the power that young boy possessed.

"And you're going to help me get control of young Ryu, aren't you?" He laughed, leaning against one of the cave walls. He was in the same chamber in which he had taken over the Shira Forest Bandits by killing Sentou. In the center of the room was Asuma Sarutobi. The man's eyes were empty, staring absolutely blankly straight ahead. It was proof that Daichi had Asuma under his complete control, numbing the person until he was a mere puppet.

Originally when he had taken over the Shira Forest Bandits, Daichi had simply been trying to find a new base of operation. After all, he was a wanted man in the Laf. At least with the bandits he was somewhat lying low while growing power. When Ryu Sarutobi came into the picture, however, it completely changed the situation. Now he had an opportunity to gain a power that would likely strike fear into other nations. As petrifying as the strange power was, the draw of controlling it was irresistible.

Approaching footsteps drew Daichi from his own mind. Senshi had jogged into the room, instantly looking over at him. His eyes were narrowed in confusion. The man had become Daichi's right hand man ever since he found out Senshi was from the Leaf's Mokushi clan. They were a clan known for their genjutsu such as Daichi's own clan, and in truth it greatly helped the Shigamo's jutsus. The Mokushi jutsus focused on emotions, and those who had the kekkei genkai were especially terrifying - the ability to "read" someone's heart. Senshi had a slight ability in it, though sadly it was weak or he could be even more beneficial. It made it so even those prominent in breaking genjutsu, such as a jounin, were less likely to sense it coming because Senshi would draw forth memories of their past through emotions that put them off to begin with. It wasn't always necessary, but it was useful.

However, he had no reason to be in the room at the moment since he'd been charged with watching over the prisoners. "Senshi, what are you doing here?" Daichi demanded, pushing off the wall. Had something occurred with the children?

Daichi's question seemed to perplex Senshi. "I was told you needed me, but you don't need to worry. I left Tsukune to watch over them."

Knowing that was, in fact, false, Daichi's anger flared. "Who told you this? And why did you believe them after I have told you previously not to take your eyes off them?"

The rage in Daichi's voice sent the color out of Senshi. Before he replied, however, realization flashed through his features. He cursed, only further confusing Daichi. "I wondered why you would have sent him. It was Sentou's brother, Haishin."

Like his underling, Daichi began spouting curses, then barked at Asuma, "Come! We are going to go make Haishin pay for his treachery."

*~*~*~