2 - Taken

The thud of footsteps echoed in the forest, coming right back to Hana's ears. Her partner, who went by Wolf and refused to reveal his real name, glanced over at her. Like herself, Wolf wore an anbu mask, but his was the shape of a dog and hers was the shape of a cat. They both wore the usual anbu outfit, and both of them had a red mark on their arm indicating they were, indeed, anbu members. Wolf had spiky timber wolf hair and Hana had rose red hair falling in waves passed her shoulders.

"Where did the Hokage say the enemy had been spotted?" Wolf asked Hana, his voice muffled by the mask.

"By the border," Hana replied. The two members were on a hunt for two highly dangerous Konoha Strict Correctional Facility escapees.

Wolf nodded as he registered this. "That's what we thought. And since that's the case, we should sense them soon," he said. "Be prepared."

Hana rolled her eyes. "Just because you've been her longer than me doesn't make you my boss," she muttered. But she did as he said, putting herself on high alert and glancing around.

"What was their names? One of them sounds familiar," Wolf said.

"One is Daichi Shigamo," Hana said.

"No, the other one."

"Oh. You mean the one who used to be the interrogator, Shiro-"

They both must have sensed the chakra at the same time, because the next instance both of them had a kunai out, stopping on the tree they were on. Blurs came at them, and Hana, not able to see Wolf anymore, blocked the attack of the blur that had been coming toward her.

The figure muttered a curse word when she kicked him back into a tree. It was a man with dark scarlet hair, black eyes, and olive skin. He wore a blue ragged shirt and blue ragged pants, the normal outfit for a prisoner at Konoha Strict Correctional Facility.

It was Daichi Shigamo. "Speak of the devil," Hana murmured, getting into a battle stance. Daichi smirked, running forward. He punched at her face, which she dodged by leaning her head to the left. She quickly realized his punch was just a distraction when he brought his knee up to slam it against her gut. She held back a yelp. The next second he leaned back and brought the other leg up, kicking her again, but this time in the chest. Hana flew back, and Daichi jumped after her.

Big mistake.

Hana stopped herself by using her hands. She was glad she was wearing gloves since she would've gotten a few splinters if she hadn't been. Hana flung herself up so that she was right in front of Daichi, her waist at level with his face. She gave Daichi a round house kick the face. Before he had time to go back, Hana delivered another kick, hitting him directly in the side. He flew into the trunk of the tree to her left. Hana smirked as she landed in a crouch on the tree branch.

"You've improved quite a bit, Hana," a familiar voice that sent chills down Hana's back said.

Hana turned slowly. Behind her was a man with such light blond hair it was almost white pulled back into a small ponytail, broad shoulders under an outfit similar to the one Daichi was wearing, pale jade eyes, and pale skin.

"Shiro," Hana murmured, feeling strange emotions build up in her. Conflicted, she thought the emotion was, but wasn't a hundred percent sure.

"You know, I thought I'd be mad to see the one who put me in jail, but I still feel the same affection as always." Shiro stalked toward her, his gaze making her freeze in her spot.

Something she'd never told Wolf since he probably would've kept her away from the mission was she also knew Shiro, but no because he was once the interrogator of Konoha. It was because she'd gone to the Academy with him. Not only that, but they'd actually been dating. He'd gone power crazy, though, and Hana had fought him. He didn't kill her, and she knew he wouldn't have, but she did stall him until the anbu arrived.