Chapter 7- You did whaat?!

After about 20 minutes of cleaning the boys collapsed into a pile of limbs and exaggerated tiredness. Luke dusted his pants off and moved to sit on the edge of your bed, you look at him and he smiles and gestures towards the pile of teenage boys on your floor "Now that you've met all my crazy friends you see my reasoning for staying".  You shake your head "I know but they're not that bad it makes me wish that I had siblings" you say offering him a small smile, he just shakes his head gently slides off your bed.  "Mikey, Cal and Ash I kinda need you guys to disappear Miranda's Doctor makes her rounds about this time and you can't be here" Luke smiles apologetically. The boys huff indignantly and stand to their feet, Mikey stands crossing his arms across his chest and Cal and Ash do the same.

"Luke we just got here and we aren't leaving" Ash says very unhappily the other boys nod in agreement, Luke looks each of them in the eyes and then says "Well to bad because the Doctor will recognize all of us when we're together and we can't risk the press finding out about this". You look at Luke's back in confusion and clear your throat which prompts him to turn around, "What are you talking about?" you ask quietly.

Luke shifts from foot to foot and looks at something over your head then says "Well we're kind of um well we're kind of - -", you look at him getting really annoyed at his refusal to tell you and say "Well spit it out Luke!".  "Well we're all in sort of a international famous band if people figure out we're here it'll be all over the news and we'll get in alot of trouble with our agent".

Luke says all of this in a rush of words and then looks at you expectantly you just stare trying to process what he just told you you open and close your mouth.  Finally you just say "What?" and the boys start laughing their heads off all except Luke who just looks at you with those beautiful ocean blue eyes and mouths 'sorry'.  "Sorry!" you screech "Thats all you have to say! you pretended to be someone else and all you have to say is 'sorry'!" you can feel your face heating up with anger "What is wrong with you!" you shout wanting nothing more than to slap him so hard that his head would spin.  Luke must sense what you're feeling because he takes a few steps back from you and says "I didn't pretend I just didn't tell you or anyone else".  

In the silence you hear the sharp click of shoes on the floor outside your door which snaps Luke back into reality and he shoves the boys into the tiny closet in your hospital room despite their whining. The knock on the door comes a few seconds after Luke finishes stuffing the boys in your closet, Doctor Zankich peeks her head in your room and says "Hello nice to see you awake Miranda".  You smile and say "It feels nice to be awake" Luke fixes the chair and shoves peices of discarded silly string into a corner, "Can I come in Miranda?" Doctor Zankich asks.  "Umm well" you look at Luke who gives you a short nod and you say "Of course Doctor come in".

She looks at Luke suspiciously then turns to you and says "I have some good news and some bad news the good news is your recovering fast and you'll be able to get out of here in 3 days, the bad news we found your father but- -" she turns and gestures for Luke to sit down.  "We found your father but he's dead his body was recovered from the bottom of Lake Erie his car got shoved off the road by a mysterious blue S.U.V, the cops haven't found the car or its driver". 

For the second time your at a loss for words a single tear escapes and falls down your cheek, Luke moves closer and holds you tightly.  "I'm sorry dear it looks like its just you and your brother now I'm really sorry" you hear her sigh and say "I'm going to leave and check on you in 10 minutes".   When she shuts the door and your sure shes gone you push Luke away and say "Its just me now I don't have anyone else no aunts,uncles or any other blood they're all dead". He tries to hug you again but you push him away and shout "No! you lied to her, to me everyone here except your friends if you cared about me would tell me the truth!".  He looks genuinely hurt and he moves away from you he paces back and forth and runs his fingers through his hair then stops and turns to look at you.  He says "Have you ever thought that I didn't tell you because I wanted to be normal or maybe because it doesn't matter what I do to be normal no one ever excepts me outside the image media projects me as?", "Have you ever thought about what it would feel like to every waking moment of your life played out on a screen for everyone to see? Have you?".