Chapter 9- Death by Media

Luke had to carry you upstairs because of the stricken state you were in after seeing so many people rush toward you like bees on honey.  As funny as that analogy seems this was no laughing matter, you sat there thinking how had that many people formed into a crowd outside of the hospital so fast?.  It didn't matter all you knew was that you wanted to strangle Macy because she had squashed your one chance at freedom.

"I have no idea what we are going to do about this" Luke said sitting down beside you, you sighed pulled from the sullen thoughts in your head.  "Me neither Luke this sucks!" you commented halfheartedly kicking at the bed.

Luke laughed clearly seeing your distress he commented on your feeble outburst "Ya know Miranda you're actually kinda cute when you're angry".  You looked at him with what must have been outright shock because he burst into a laughing fit, now you were starting to see why it wasn't so funny.

"Luke you are an idiot" you stated primly swatting at his arm playfully he caught a hold of your arm pulling you close til your faces were inches apart.  You could feel your heart beating a million miles a hour, what was Luke doing? you stared up into his eyes seemingly frozen in time he leaned closer. Your body responded almost automatically you could feel the warmth radiating off him even with your eyes closed.  His lips gently caressed yours almost if he was scared to break you.  It felt like electricity was running through your body shocking you but leaving a warm tingle in you at the same time.  Luke must have felt the same strange feeling because he pulled back staring down at you touching his fingers to his lips.

"Luke! Cal stole my - - Oh nevermind" said Mikey his volume decreasing when he saw the scene in front of him.  You quickly scooted away from Luke "This is not what it looks like" you add quickly, Mikey just raises his eyebrows in response.  "Um okay well I'm sorry for interupting whatever was not happening here but I need Luke's help with something" Mikey said not directly looking at you, you look over at Luke who looks like he's about to die of embarassment.  He glances at you quickly before rushing out the door with Mikey.

You sigh heavily feeling like your life has been severely messed up because one little girl posted something on the internet and in an ungraceful way she had condemned you to death by media.

You groaned flopping against the hospital bed with frustration, just then you happened to have the unfortunate pleasure of a blond haired girl snapping a pic of you.  You sat up quickly "Macy! what the hell are you doing!" you shouted staring at her accusingly.  She at least had the wit to cower and squeaked out "Just proving that I met Luke's girlfriend", you dragged yourself to your full height and tried to look as menacing as possible "Give me that phone now".  "No" she said sounding even higher pitched than before, you stepped closer backing her into a wall "Give me the phone now you little bitch" you said she just stood there and shook her head stupidly.  You ripped the phone out of her hand and deleted the photo she just took, she tried to grab her phone back but you just pinned her against the wall using your arm to push against her wind pipe.

You took out the phone's memory card and smashed it underneath your foot and then proceeded to reset her phone back to its default settings.  Once you were sure every trace of you and the boys was erased from her phone you released her and handed her phone back to her.  She looked like she wanted to cry and she started trembling uncontrollably.

"You ruined everything, everything!" she exclaimed sounding delirious, she stood there shaking whether in fear or in outrage you couldn't really tell.  When she finally regained her composure she gave you a devilish smile.

"I can just go to Verison and get all of the things synced back to my phone", she said triumphantly.  "No Macy darling you can't the only way you can get the photos synced back to your phone is if you have the memory card" you retorted matching her saccharine tones.

"And guess what dearest you do not have the memory card" you commented as if it was a shame, you watched realization sweep over her features.

"You are a bitch!" yelled Macy storming out of the room.

You roll your eyes and pick up the pieces of the smashed memory card throwing them in the trashcan.  Hearing the door slam open you turn half expecting to see Doctor Zankich with Macy in tow but you instead get a frantic looking Ashton "Miranda you have to come now!!" he practically screams in your face, he grabs your wrist pulling you out of the hospital room.

"What's wrong?" you ask confused at his melodramtic actions, he just shakes his head and keeps tight hold of your wrist.

"Ash! what is wrong?!" you shout at him refusing to move he finally lets go of your wrist, "I-I think that we are experiencing some difficulties um.." he trails off looking like he's trying to find the words.  You give him the most annoyed look you could muster under the circumstances "Well spit it out Sherlock!" you yell impatiently.

"Macy let the fans and Press in the hospital" he blurted out looking relieved "And they knew which room you were staying in so we have to make a dash for the underground parking lot" he finished looking at you apologetically.  "Okay fine let's go" you say giving him what you hope to be a very pissed off look.

As you ride the elevator down to the parking lot you try your best not to flip out on Ash and just as the doors open, you wished you were anywhere except for the parking lot.

"Oh the joy, out of one hell and into another" you mutter as you stare at the sight in front of you.