Chapter 3- New Discovories

It had been a long time since I had trusted anyone to be able to cry like that because every time I had trusted them I had gotten hurt.  Luke seemed happy enough to be in my good graces which I didn't count as a bad thing because I needed someone on my side, it was early in the morning and my stomach was not sparing any complaint I turned to Luke who had sat by my bed the whole entire night. "Luke I'm hungry" I announced he snorted without looking at me and said "Good for you" which then prompted me to through a peice of loose fabric at him it caught the tip of his hair and hung there like a christmas ornament, he made a face and relented "Fine what do you want?". You sit thinking of all the complicated things you could make him get for you and decide "I want pancakes with chocolate chips", he groans "Where in the heck am I going to get pancakes?" you shrug and say "That is not my problem I'm bedridden".  He grumbles and responds "Your lucky you are otherwise you would be making me pancakes" you roll your eyes "In your dreams".  As Luke is getting up to leave there comes a slight knock on the door and a clean looking Doctor walks in, "Hi I'm Doctor Zankich I'll be taking care of you while your here" she says introducing herself politely.

You study Doctor Zankich with mild curiosity she appears to be in her early thirties she has light brown hair pulled back into a tight bun, a motherlike face, kind eyes and tan skin.  She talks with a soothing voice which she no doubt uses so she doesn't frighten her patients while she's evaluating them,"It's nice to meet you I'm Luke" Luke says extending his hand to her she shakes it vigoriously. She then turns to you and says "And you must be the infamous Miranda" you laugh "Yep that would be me" she smiles wider and says "I would shake your hand but it but its kind of broken" you laugh harder and say "Thanks but I wouldn't want you to".

"Well seeing that your now awake we need to discuss the medical care that you will need to be able to make a full recovery" she says sitting on the edge of your hospital bed, she glances at Luke "Now that you only have your brother to take care of you he will have to sign off with you on all of the wavers and such since you're still a minor".  You glance at Luke and he nods "Good now that all of that good stuff is out of the way let's talk medical plans" she says pulling out her clipboard, you sigh and say "I'm really hungry could Luke go and get me some food?". She looks at you and says "Well of course dear but it has to be something soft" you nod "Luke" you say, he stands up and pulls out his keys "I'm on it" you smile "Thank you" you say "For everything" he shrugs "That's what brothers are for" he says kissing you on your cheek "Don't injure yourself while I"m gone".

He waves as he walks out the door and you give him a small wave back, then turn back to Doctor Zankich which prompts her to start talking again you stop listening to her and wonder if Luke will make it back in one peice.