Chapter 4- Some Things

By the time Luke had gotten back from getting me pancakes Doctor Zankich had given up on talking to me about medical plans.  Luke and Doctor Zankich were standing in the corner conversing while you finished stuffing your face with deliscoius food, you saw him nod and shake his head at Doctor Zankich which provoked the Doctor to raise her voice enough to where you could here her talking. "She cannot go any where, she's experienced a trauma that her body can't heal from and she needs to be in the hospital" you hear Doctor Zankich hiss, you clear your throat to let them know that you can hear them and she looks at you with a pionted gaze and turns back to Luke.  

It was about 20 minutes later when Doctor Zankich left the room in a hissy fit slamming the door behind her.  You hear Luke sigh "Man all this paper work is really hard to fill out do you know what blood type you are?" you chuckle and say "I don't know I've never been in a traumatic situation before its always been someone else", he looks relieved by your humour "I'm glad you can joke about this situation for some its very hard to deal with" he says writing something on the paperwork. "Well I kind of had to learn to because of all the situations in my family otherwise I would be one of those goth chics" you say seriously he looks at you mimicking Doctor Zankich "Oh my all that black isn't good for your body young lady I think you need to stay longer so that I can steal all your money and tell you that something is wrong with you",you burst out laughing.  Luke grins and starts laughing with you, you're laughing so hard that you start snorting uncontrollably Luke looks at you amusement written all over his face.  It takes you a while to catch your breath "What is so funny Luke?" he shakes his head "Nothing" you raise your eyebrows and say "Are you laughing because I snorted?" he nods barely containing his laughter "Well I would appreciate it if you didn't" you say snarkily.

"Why? I think its cute" Luke says you look at him strangely "Really? I think its weird" you say to him a slow blush spreading across your cheeks, "Why do you always put yourself down?" he asks bluntly you look at him with a fire "Because if I don't then others will" you say tightly he shakes his head "Is that what you think?" he asks sadly.  You look away nodding slowly you feel tears threatning to come to the surface with gentle fingers he traces patterns on your arm, you twitch finding the motion uncomfortable.

"Why are you helping me?" you ask your voice barely above a whisper he gives you a serious look "Because I owe it to you for being rude" he says, "No you don't you could of just left me all by myself once you got me to the hospital" you say  "But you didn't why?" you ask curiously.  He shrugs "I don't know I really don't have an answer for you" you laugh, "You don't have answer or you don't want to answer" you retort.  "Touche" he says smirking.

"Luke don't you have someone looking for you?" he snickers "You're a funny one aren't you?" you sigh with exasperation "I'm serious" he finishes writing something on the paper and looks at you, "No I don't have anyone looking for me I'm a legal adult" you look doubtful but refrain from asking him any more questions.

The time slowly passed on as you counted the minutes till lunch but you could feel your eyelids growing heavier by the second, soon you yawned and rolled over "Luke will you sing me something?" you ask him drowsily, it takes him a second to answer you "Sure does it matter what it is?" you shake your head.  A moment later he starts singing softly "You are my sunshine my only sunshine you make me happy when skies are grey you'll never know dear how much I love you so please don't take my sunshine away".

By the time he's finished the song your well on your way to dream land.