04 | Spin the Bottle

Start from the beginning

"Who knows? You might get to kiss a hot guy," Brooke whispers in Steph's ear. Stephanie glares at her and crosses her free hand.

Please dear bottle, don't point at me at all, she prays in her head.

Nobody must notice her.

A random guy spins the bottle and the game begins.

They've gone for six rounds now and Stephanie's fingers are still crossed.

Christopher grabs the bottle next and spins it. Stephanie doesn't really pay attention as before.

Who would she be kidding?

It would never point to her when Christopher Hayes of all people, spins it.

The bottle spins and it feels like everything is in slow motion before it finally stops, facing Stephanie.

She has a shocked look on her face as she and Brooke face each other. It can't be happening, can it?

She finally turns after some agonizing seconds to lock eyes with Chris who is already watching her.

She feels like running away from this Shenanigan.

This madness.

This stupid game, but staring into Christopher's eyes for the first time, she's compelled to stay and kiss those pink lips already.

It's not like this would be her first kiss. She has kissed before, it was a dare in eighth grade, so there's nothing to be scared about.

Isn't she supposed to be excited instead?

She lets her eyes settle on his pink lips and feels drawn to it.

She's not gonna chicken out.

Brooke lets go of her hand and urges her, "Go on."

"Enough staring, get on with it guys," Jason yells, clearly impatient.

They both move closer to each other and lean forward until their lips finally meet.

They kiss each other slowly; their lips moving in sync. Their eyes flutter close as they get lost in the kiss.

It's the best kiss Stephanie has ever had but she shouldn't be surprised. Christopher is a player and he has had a lot of practice so he'd be good at it.

And isn't it supposed to come naturally for someone as hot as he?

She feels her heart banging against her ribcage as they kiss.

She resists the urge to run her hands through his hair while he holds her by the waist.

She doesn't want this beautiful moment to end but she is the first to pull away as he tries to deepen the kiss.

They look into each other's eyes after opening them. Stephanie looks away and removes his hands from her waist, then she sits beside Brooke.

Christopher stays frozen staring at her but Jason makes him sit while shaking his head slightly. Someone else spins the bottle, and the game continues.

"OMG! That was awesome," Stephanie whispers to Brooke.

"Wow! You - Stephanie Valentine, just kissed Christopher Hayes and said it was awesome?" Brooke asks quizzically, not quite believing it.

"Yeah. I need to go. I'll be back," Stephanie tells her.

"Okay," Brooke grins.

Stephanie rises and finds her way out of the room. She didn't think of where she'll go. She just needed to leave that room.