epilogue

『 B U S A N , 2 0 1 9 』

🍯

《 (Y/n)'s evening 》

"I just don't get why we have to help you, aren't you an adult? Dad says that your kind can do anything on your own!"

The stressed and slightly confused man raised his eyebrows.

"Hey Kookie!" a voice shouted from another room "Why don't you just shut up and help?"

The annoying kid was about to respond back when his father appeared, brows furrowed due to the way his oldest son addressed the younger one.

"Apologize to Jimin and ignore your brother." he whispered

Jungkook groaned yet muttered an inaudible sorry to Jimin, causing the latter to smile a little. (F/n) then approached him, staring at the white-painted wall now covered with pictures of his daughter and her boyfriend. Instinctively, his eyes searched for his wife who was busy wrapping the Christmas gifts.

"Is it okay like that?" Jimin asked, taking a few step backs to admire his work "I just need to add the fairy lights!"

The sassy pre-teen snickered, fed up with the task he had been assigned to; unfold the fairy lights. Still, Jimin couldn't be done as long as the lights weren't all properly unfolded, ready to get stuck on the wall.

"I can tell you're being slow on purpose." smirked Jimin, getting used to Jungkook's constant will to annoy people "It's fine. I can help you now, let's work together!"

To that, Jungkook's eyes were open wide. He suddenly stood back on his feet, kicked the stack of lights, and ran away, roaring angrily.

(F/n) addressed an apologetic look to his soon-to-be son-in-law whereas his wife shook her head.

"I'll beat his ass later, no worries." she assured to the confused man

Soon, they were done.

Knowing (Y/n) as the nostalgic type, Jimin was sure she'd be excited to see all these photographed memories.

"She will love it!" he exclaimed, stars shining in his brown eyes

(M/n) nodded, gently patting Jimin's back. "You're part of the family now."

"I hope she'll refuse the proposal!" yelled Jungkook

~ ~

At the end of the day, the family headed to a restaurant. (Y/n)—who spent the day with Hoseok and Nayeon—had been driven home by her brother. Once she stepped out of the car, Hoseok locked the doors and drove away to join everyone at the restaurant, leaving a confused and shocked (Y/n) behind.

Too tired to dig deeper, the woman sighed and entered the building, eager to be at home. Mostly to see her dear boyfriend and hug him tight.

She rang the doorbell, expecting her parents to be home. Instead, her surprisingly dressed-up boyfriend opened the door and welcomed her with a tight hug, to her greatest pleasure. She hugged him back before entering the apartment.

"No one's home?" she asks, removing her coat and shoes in the entrance

Jimin smiled but said nothing. He waited for (Y/n) to finish then grabbed her by the wrist and led her to the living room, where his in-laws helped him to set up a beautiful scenery for the proposal.

Suddenly anxious, he slowly turned his face around to observe his girlfriend's reaction. And he wasn't disappointed.

"Is that—" (Y/n) couldn't speak, she got closer to the cloud of pictures stuck on the wall. She stared at them in awe, amazed by the number of pictures Jimin had of them both. "You took a picture of us that day! Oh my God!" she cringed in disgust "You should've said something, my clothes were horrible!"

Jimin chuckled, his eyes never leaving the chubby figure standing close to him. She was usually beautiful, but this type of beauty was something else. Excitement, surprise, joy, and amazement ; these emotions were shining in her eyes. Those (e/c) eyes he loved so much.

"What's happening?" her lips are quivering "Are you doing it? Right now?"

She knew, and it made him smile. So, Jimin wasted no more time and kneeled down in front of (Y/n), looking like a charming bachelor that she would jump right away.

"We have a special bond, and I don't want to lose it, ever. You're the most precious person I have in my life, you're kind and affectionate. Funny and clumsy, cute, and stubborn, smart and ambitious. I love everything about you—"

"Great! I'm crying already!" tears of joy were running down her cheeks

Jimin's smile grew even bigger. He stood up and took her hands, holding them tight to keep her with him forever. He tilted his head on the side, seeing how adorable she was being all emotional. Soon, he'd cry too.

"I want you to stay by my side for the rest of our days. I'd like to protect, cherish you, shower your adorable existence with love!" he pinched her cheeks and with his free hand, he searched for a small velvet box in his pocket "So, my dear (Y/n)." he opened it and revealed a silver ring with a microscopic piece of diamond on the top "Will you marry me?"

🍯