Chapter 37: Unresolved Issues

Rebecca Ferguson- nothing real but love & unchained melody - The righteous brothers. Inspired me to write this chap! You'll know what I mean when you get to the part! Anywho, enjoy lovelies!
Vote Comment share

** Andrew Pov **

I messed up. Big time.

I've single handling dug my own grave. Things that I've said to her were uncalled for...

° Flashback °

"Andrew, hold on" I hear Joseph come after me as I unlock the car door to get in.

"hold on," he pats my shoulder. I turned around.

"Going back there will not fix anything, at least not now! It won't," I explained.

I hurt her, badly. And let my ego get the best of me. Why couldn't I just put my pride aside as she suggested. She could've return home with me, tonight. Sleep, soundly in my arms. After, I've battled my hardest to earn her love back by passionate love making. If that even makes sense. I just.. But, no instead. I got drunk lashed out my anger on her.

"do you love her?" he asks. Getting me out of my thoughts.

I sighed.

".... I do. More than anything" I ran a hand through hair.

Dang, I really messed up this time. My stomach turns. As I remember the looked in her eyes. Hurt. Betrayal. It was not my place to say things about what happened to her with Tony. Especially, when she had just gotten thr courage to tell me about her past. Now I felt, unworthy of her. As if I don't deserve her. Not anymore.

"then you'll have to do exactly, what I tell you, understand" he advice.

I nodded. In lost of hope. Who knows maybe Jacqueline husband, Joseph had a better solution that I desperately needed.

° End of flashback °

My wife avoids to make eye contact with me by scanning all around the building, everywhere that did not included me in the picture.

Man, she hates me. She really hates me.

But I couldn't help to admire how beautiful she looked. As always.

"you look--" I aimed to say but was interrupt by an another voice. Which got my wife and I full attention.

"y'all must be the Henderson's" an mid age african Amercian steps in to speak with us. With a beautiful brown skintone that emulates my wife's.

"Andrew and Linda to be correct" she read the clipboard that was handed to her by the receptionist.

"that's correct" my wife answers truthfully for her and I.

I frown.

God, really wanted to show off when he created black women.

Don't get me wrong. Beauty do come in, all colors, shape, sizes, etc..

But there's just something about black women.

That you can't help but love.

"Susanne, hold my calls, will you" she says still smiling at us.

"yes, ma'am" the redhead receptionist replies.

"Mr. Henderson and Mrs. Henderson follow me" Dr. Givens led us to her office.

"Jacqueline, has told me so much about y'all" she takes a seat at the lime green couch. Then addressed us to do also.

Linda and I sat on the edge of each side of the couch that we shared and leaving a gap in between that she awkwardly filled it with the red stripped pillow that was nearest to her.