Chapter 10- Someone's Always Watching (Part 1)

Previous Chapter

Faintly in the back of her mind she heard words he'd never spoken before to her. And she whispered back to him with a small smile on her face.

"I promise."

Part 1

On this day, was going to be a turning point for the future queen of Terra. Much was going to happen, and little explanation could be made of it. But she was going to bring something to her people, and to others that they needed desperately. But she would also lose the one thing she held onto that gave her the hope that she needed.

Rayna felt all sorts of excitement. This would be her first time since she was a little girl going into the town of Terra in broad daylight. Everyone felt that it was time for her to go; it has been six years, surely it will alright where she is not recognized. Of course, her aunt had warned her on multiple occasions that it was not the same. She explained the ruins that she was about to see. The people are no longer as happy and joyful. The buildings have fallen as well. It's different in the dark when in a rush, she would say.

Rayna, Jewel, and Catherina got their potions ready for the day to drink. Catherina has been teaching them all the appropriate potions to know, especially the one that disguises their eyes.

Three spoon fills with water, spider legs, a scoop of dirt, one red stone, and a sprinkle of pix dust along with the spell. Very simple words to make the potion work. "Facere realis."

The girls were still learning though, making mistakes along the way. Rayna had messed up her potion the first time, giving her two different colored eyes. Her left eye was green, and her right eye brown. Catherina giggled at the small error and fixed Rayna's ingredient proportions. Once the ingredients were blended correctly together, Rayna gave it another go, and both eyes became brown.

Catherina couldn't help but laugh at how one h took well to casting spells, and the other was more inclined to potions. The girls reminded her of herself and Ella. Each witch always fell into either category and then there were some who were naturally good at both.

Jewel and Rayna both dress in simpler gowns on this March day. They still dressed in warmer gowns, even though it was March, it was a cold day. Jewel wore, of course, a light green dress that is long-sleeved and paired it with her cloak that was a dark rich green. Rayna had made it for her and had sown in Alstroemeria flowers along the edges, to symbolize their friendship.

Rayna dressed in her long sleeve dark purple gown and paired it with her mother's cloak, dark blue with golden Gladioli flowers. Little did she know that that was a trait the people remembered of the mysterious figure that passed through town at night, whether they wanted the people to or not they would notice her.

Catherina dressed in a dark blue dress and wore a similarly fashioned cloak like Rayna, except it was lighter in blue with light pink colored Gladioli's. All of them have their boots on, ready for the journey.

All three women made sure to keep their hoods on tucking their hair out of sight. Though each woman had a different shade of hair, each color was striking and well noticed. Catherina's jet-black hair is a reminder of her relations to the late queen. Jewel's red fire hair could be seen from miles out. And Rayna's... well, Rayna's hair couldn't be mistaken for anything other than their fallen princesses hair.

They only rode on two horses going into town. Jewel sat on the back of horse Rayna's horse, since she did not know how to ride on her own just yet. The ride was a little longer then they were used to traveling. Ever since they moved from their old home, it was harder to get around to places. That's why they hardly rode into town aside from keeping out of sight.