Chapter 9

Luis was kinda right. For the rest of the week, the girls didn't come back when school was done. He even told me that he talked to them saying that he wasn't cheating on me with anyone and to get their nosy asses out of our business. Or at least, that's what I WANTED to think he said. He probably said something like "stop getting involved with us" or some nice shit like that. Unless they fire him up REAL bad and he ends up cursing them out, but either sentence would've chased those girls off.

At Friday's game, the ducks won with a score of 10 to 3. The team they were going against wasn't that tough nor that good, so they got a bigger win than last game.

Soon, August came to an end and September rolled around. Luis no longer needed me to take him home for he had gotten back his dark blue mustang. He could now drive himself home or at my place after practice. At that point, school REALLY started to whoop my ass. Quizzes and tests were either every Wednesday and Friday or Thursday and Friday for other classes, and Jesus they couldn't be more nerve wrecking. Half of the questions on pop quizzes were ones that we didn't even examine over in class, so they just left us, or ME, confused as hell.

----------

I was walking in the hall one day heading to Chemistry when I met Julie the Cat. She saw me and smiled as she walked over.

"Hey, Kallie", she smiled.

"What's up, Julie?", I greeted her.

"Nothing much. Classes are just keeping me on my feet, you know."

"Shit, I don't know if they keeping me on my feet or on my back from exhaustion", I laugh quietly, "where are you heading?"

"To Physics", she smiled, "And I'm assuming you're going to chem?"

"Yep, the class of pouring beakers and junk", I sniggered.

"I think I'm taking that class next semester", she said, "what is it about?"

"We're learning about reactions now. We just finished up on substances and symbols of them."

"Oh, I see", she took a pause before talking again, "that's not what I came to talk to you about though."

"Really? What is it?", my voice growing with puzzlement.

"I came to talk about Luis. I heard that he's been causing his teacher problems a lot lately. He's been acting silly with other friends of his during class time and the teacher said that if he was to try anymore antics, he would get detention or worse. Do you know about it?"

I looked at the floor, my eyebrows narrowed, "he told me once like two or so weeks ago that in Biology, he was almost assigned detention for throwing paper balls and disrupting. After that, he didn't get on teachers' bad side too much, but still talked and laughed with friends whenever they weren't teaching. I warned him not to bug his teachers too bad, but you know how boys can be."

"I know, right? I just hope he doesn't get into too much trouble. He's known for being misbehaving."

"I'll talk to him about it after school. I don't want this ruin anything important for him."

"Me neither. Coach already gave him a warning. But anyways, my physics class is right here. I have to go. See ya, Kallie", she waved and wandered off.

"See ya", I said and I waved back. My mind however was still stuck on my boyfriend.

That concerning feeling once again developing. I get that he was having fun in class or whatnot, but if it was causing problems for his teachers, then it shouldn't be something to laugh about.