Chapter 7

The next morning, me and Luis went to the grocery store to buy some groceries for his house. I also had the fun idea to make some cookies that night, so we also brought some cookie dough.

"The question is are you sure you know how to bake?", asked Luis, "because last time when we made brownies, the only thing that came out of the oven was a big black and crisp square in a brown pan."

"That's because you kept kissing on me and became a distraction", I said with a small chortle, "your arms were around my waist and shit. Not to mention you could not stop sucking on my neck for shit after I told you a million times to let me go. So really, it's your fault."

"Well, your apron did say 'kiss the cook'...."

I jokingly pat his shoulder, "sometimes you just have to learn not to take things literally, babydoll."

He just looked at me like I was dumb, "I mean I know it was a little cute joke and all, but your skin just looked as tasty as the supposed brownies we were supposed to have. No offense, of course."

"I know, baby. Don't worry."

We checked out our items and then leave. After loading all the items in the back seat, we get in and buckle up. The store was quite busy that day so getting in and out of my parking space was a nuisance.

"By the way", piped up Luis as we drove down the road, "why did you buy chocolate syrup?"

I smirked, "I don't know. Maybe we'll play a little chocolate game in the shower after the cookies are done. Nah, just kidding. I'm making some chocolate milk with it to go with the cookies."

He rose his thick eyebrows, "and I was about to believe in that first part....."

"Yeah, sorry, but do you really think I want to get covered from head to toe in all that?"

"You'd look so much like a delicious chocolate fountain if you did", he said as he eyed me up and down.

"That", I replied taking a pause, "is for another distant night, speedster."

-----------

Back at home that evening, once we placed the cookie dough in the oven, we then chilled in the living room. While the tv was on, we mostly were on our phones. I was looking at my usual MCR stuff while he checked on his own social media. He was looking through sports topics being the jock that he was.

"The Miami Dolphins won another game", he said, "14 to 7. My parents texted me saying that they had went there."

"Who were they against?"

"Cincinnati Bengals. They weren't that far from having a tie with them."

"Yeah. A good thing the Dolphins pulled themselves together in time."

"You're acting as if you don't know what they're doing", he sniggered still looking at his phone.

"Oh please, sure they do. If they didn't, the Bengals would've squashed them down. Speaking of games though, we're y'all nervous going against the bulldogs last night?"

"Not TOO nervous. Some of them were tall and big like Portman, but other players were smaller. But Portman and Fulton handled the bigger ones though with their bash brother thing."

"Don't start overthinking about future teams though. Some teams you're against may be bigger, some smaller, some harder to beat, and some others will look like you're playing against jackasses, but as your old coach used to say, "you cannot be afraid to lose". But I am keeping my faith in you. As I said before, y'all got this and as long as y'all keep your team spirit up high, no one should stop you."