Celebrating Alone

Yn POV

I was sitting in my room eating Ice Cream. Ben and Jerry's is better than any amount of friends I swear.

Today was my birthday. I was turning twenty one years old. Most people would be jumping for joy. Excited as fuck. Happy as hell.

I mean it was cool you know. But I didn't wanna be around anymore. There wasn't many people to be around.

I had a lot of friends before I moved. Then when I moved, I didn't bother to make new ones.

Except the boy next door.

That nigga is always there.

I met him when I was moving in. Canada was new territory to me so I didn't understand much. When I moved in, he helped me out.

*Flashback*

"Shorty you need some help?" I look over and see some skinny lil dude at the front door from the apartment across from me.

"No I'm good," I smile. I was evidently struggling but I could handle it.

He chuckles and hissed. "Nah I gotchu," he picked up one of my heavy boxes. "Damn you got hella stuff."

"Yeah moving countries is a lot sir."

"Oh you from a whole other country. Let me guess? Belize? Nah wait, Kenya," he said proudly.

I laughed at his estimates. They weren't far in terms of my ethnicity.

"I'm from America," I tell him.

"I thought Americans sounded like this," he prepares a southern accent.

"Well I'm from New York so we don't really sound like that there.

"Oh word?"

"Yeah we aren't much different from y'all."

"Well here we actually have values so I'm not so sure about that. Cause y'all President—," I stop him before we get into a political debate.

"I know I know," I laugh. "That's why I'm trying something new."

"Well you came to the right place," he helps put more things in my apartment.

"You look kinda young," he eyes me. "Like eighteen."

"I'm twenty."

"And living on your own?"

I nod. I had made it pretty successful as a youtuber and I wanted to live on my own. But I didn't wanna go to California like everybody else does.

I like Canada. It gives me piece of mind.

But aside from that I also actually work lol. If you can double your income, why not?

"Yeah I've been independent for a while so," I shrug.

"I gotchu. I live here with my grandma," he tells me. "Hopefully we can be good friends."

"Yeah sure."

"My name is Aubrey by the way."

*flashback ends*

Since then, he's always there when I'm there. It's quite funny actually. He's always there to see if I wanna hang out? Or show me around the place, or give me advice.

He's been pretty chill. Except for when I'm sleeping and he start banging on my door I wanna slap the shit outta him.

But otherwise we cool.

I was watching Tales from the Hood 2, one of my favorite horror movies. I had my ice cream. I was chillin you know.

I could've went out and did a vlog but I really like being at home alone. It's nice.

Then I hear a knock on the door. I open and see Aubrey.

"My grandma made you this cake," he smiles.

His grandma always invited me over when she cooked or baked. She was a sweetheart.

"Thank you so much," I smile. "Where is she?"

"She's sleeping right now but she wanted me to tell you happy birthday."

"Thank you, you can come in," I open the door for him to come through.

He comes in and sees my blankets and ice cream in front of the tv.

"Damn I thought youtubers were supposed to have hella exciting lives," he smirks.

"Nah we fake that shit I swear," I laugh. "I just wanted to be alone today so."

He scratches his head. "Oh damn my bad."

"No no you can be here it's all good," I reassure him.

He sits on the couch next to me and takes my ice cream.

"Nigga—," I was ready to cuss him out.

"Let's go somewhere."

"Dude it's like 9 pm."

"So let's go," he takes my blankets from me. "Get dressed."

So you tell someone you wanna be alone and they make you go out?

This sick and twisted man.

I go put on some clothes and find him waiting at the door. "Alright bet lets go."

I take my keys and follow him wherever he's going. After leaving the apartment, he walks down the garden area of the apartment complex.

"Why are we going this way?"

"Cause I wanna show you something."

I follow him down to where there's a brook with flowers and pretty leaves.

"This is so dope I've never seen it before," I stand on the bridge.

The moon was pretty bright and shit and the water was lit up so nicely.

"Shit is mad pretty."

"Like you."

I turn and look at him. "Yeah okay."

"I'm forreal bro," he chuckles. "You are mad pretty."

"Well...thank you," I choke out a response. I was prepared for that at all.

He'd never shown interest in me before so I didn't expect that. Plus he had a type and I knew I wasn't it.

"I think u should give me a chance," he starts off. I give him a confused look.

"Like you sitting up there all alone and shit girl call me over. I'll come be with you on your birthday. I can show you a lot of things," he licks his lips. "A lot of things."

"Well I don't know," I blush. "I didn't think you felt like that."

"I do. Even my Grandma be getting tight because I never asked you out," he laughs.

He gets closer to me and we look at the water falling down into the river.

"Happy birthday gorgeous," he smiles at me.

"Thank you," I smile. Then some random urge in me just kisses him and best believe he kissed me right back.

I guess I'm glad I left my house today.

Thank you for Reading ❤️
Gave y'all a surprise imagine because...

Today my birthday 🤓♥️ lmfao but thank y'all for your support and always showing love.

My story Mr. Graham is out don't forget
My cashapp $rebelecca don't forget LMFAO I'm playing (not really)

Have a good week I got y'all Friday 💕