New Years

Yn POV

I woke up and immediately went to throw up in the bathroom.

"Shit," I felt nauseous. I felt everything spinning around me and I thought my heart might flatline.

"Babe?" I hear Drake coming to my side. He gives me a concerned look and tries to figure out what's wrong with me.

"Did you drink last night?"

"No," I shake my head. I was never a drinker. New Year's Eve was no different. I drank some water and enjoyed the night.

The past week, I had been getting tired easily. I was feeling faint. Now today I was throwing up.

I had a gut feeling I might be pregnant but I didn't wanna jump to that conclusion yet.

"You wanna go to the doctor?"

I think about it. "Let me see how I feel throughout the day," I stand up from the toilet and dust myself off.

I was still feeling woozy, wanting to fall to the ground.

"This isn't the right way to start 2020," Drake laughs.

"It really isn't."

"Maybe some breakfast will help? I damn need it."

Although I didn't drink, I couldn't say the same for Drake. This is why we worked out well so I could drive.

"Ihop?" 

"Ihop it is."

I go get ready, throwing on some sweats and yeezy's. I looked in the mirror, and the undertone of my skin was a bit pale.

"You ready?"

"Yeah."

We go to the car and head to Ihop. I was excited because I hadn't been there in a minute and I was craving hash browns and their new cannoli pancakes that I had been dying to try.

We finally got there and the lines were fairly long. Everyone was trying to get breakfast to help their hang overs I guess.

"I need to sit," I mumble to myself. A young gentleman looks at me and offers his seat.

"Please take mine," he smiles. "You women work so hard you know."

I smile and take his seat and we wait until we are seated. But I was still pondering what the man meant.

He could've just been a good man acknowledging our strength....or thinks I'm pregnant.

Was I that fat now?

We were seated. "How can I help you?"

"Two waters? Or maybe a tea?" Drake questions.

I never drank anything other than water or tea. So my order threw him off.

"Actually I'll have a hot chocolate with whipped cream."

"Alright and for food?"

Drake ordered some waffles and a side of eggs and ham.

"Can I have the cannoli pancakes...and the breakfast sampler. And the Sirloin steak tips and crispy shrimp," I smile.

She writes my order and smiles. Drake looks and laughs.

"Baby maybe you're just hungry and you haven't eaten so you've been feeling sick."

"Yeah maybe," I mumble. This was very much unlike me and I didn't like it. But I was hungry as hell.

"Your food," she delivers our food to us.

"Damn I should've gotten that," Drake laughs while looking at my food.

"Yeah you should've. We eat waffles all the time at home."

"Hey I like something close to home," he smiles.

Despite all this nonsense going on, Drake was by my side. We had been together for three years and he's the best thing I've ever had.

We were now 24 and working. We lived in an apartment together and we were doing well for ourselves.

I felt that 2020 was going to be a prosperous year for us both.

"How's your cannoli pancakes?"

"It's amazing," I find myself emptying my plates.

I didn't feel as terrible as before. But I still felt like the Nassau was waiting to creep up on me.

We finished and left back home. "Babe take some pictures of me in the snow," I laugh.

I go out in front and he snaps some shots of me. The flash of the camera hits my eye and then everything goes black.

Drake's POV

"Shit shit shit," I tap my foot lightly on the hospital floor.

I wasn't sure what was wrong with Yn. It was freaking me out.

"Mr. Graham?"

I rush to meet the doctor.

"Hi my name is Doctor Gudman," she introduces herself.

"Hi Doctor Gudman. What's going on?"

She leads me to Yn's room where she's getting fluid and resting.

"Now you're both here," she pulls up some stuff on her screen.

"Well it seems you have an intestinal parasite which is causing you to eat more because it's eating everything," she explains.

"Oh shit," Yn and I say at the same time.

"Oh shit indeed cause you're gonna be doing a lot of that in the next couple of days," she laughs.

I liked this doctor.

"Now I'd prescribe you praziquantel but," she looks at us. "It would be a bit strong for the baby."

Baby?

"What?"

The doctor realizes we both were unaware. "Oh... yes you're three weeks along dear."

Yn and I look at each other. I see Yn go a bit pale. I could tell she was nervous of my reaction.

"Thank you for telling us," I smile.

She leaves the room...and Yn looks at me. "Drake I'm sorry—," I stop her.

"Sorry for what? Baby I couldn't be happier."

Sure we didn't plan on a baby now and this second. But we were doing pretty well. I was excited to see our family grow. I wish I could've gotten the chance to propose first. But I know 2020 will bring that chance.

"You're happy?"

"Of course I'm happy to have made a baby with you," I kiss her. "But first I wanna make sure you get better."

The doctor prescribed something a little less harsh and sends us on our way.

"This New Years is shaping up babe," I kiss her.

"Yes but...can we stop at Chick Fil A first," she whines.

Lord. This baby and this bug was gonna take me out.

Happy new year everyone🎊
Hope you enjoy reading!!!
Excited to bring you guys more stories.