Chapter 15 Meet the Hunters (Edited)

Start bij het begin

"Come again?" I said still in shock.

"Yeah, what you are experiencing is you and your feline have found your mate." Mom explained.

"Wait, that's impossible, who is my mate? Aurora? But she isn't a were person?" I told mom

"Well, it is possible, there are more and more that their mates aren't a wereperson and I never met anyone whose mate is not a wereperson, but I have heard of it and it just happens. But for now, I think we should just wait since it's an early stage. If the feelings do continue then it is confirmed." Mom said and Dad nodded.

"Well, if that is true then Brooklyn found her mate too since she had the same feeling that I had," I said to mom

Dad stopped nodding and turned to me. "Say what now!? Brooklyn?"

I nodded back when I realized I exposed her, I tried to change the subject. " Oh speaking of a feeling and Aurora. When we were at the Briar's Family Cafe, I had this sense around Aurora that seemed strange in a way," I said

"Strange? What do you mean by strange?" Mom asked

Dad interrupted "About Brooklyn's mate Ryder."

"Andy, not now we will talk about it with her later" Mom responded to Dad. "Now, Ryder, the strange sense?"

"Okay, my senses felt a familiar feeling around her, and when Sonia's mom, you know her." Mom nodded. "She felt something familiar with her too, she said that Aurora's Aura is nothing that we should be afraid of. Quote her mom "She is an Allied, not a threat. I asked

I looked at Mom and she looked uncomfortable and nervous "Well, I think we need to tell you something, Ryder, it's about Aurora's family. The reason we know them is that Emily, Aurora's mom.... She is ... she is" mom stuttered

Suddenly the doorbell rang. "Oh, it's 7 pm already? Well, I think we should talk about this later Ryder." Mom said while standing up as quickly as she could and walking towards the door.

"kids!!!! they are here, get down now!" Mom called and Everyone came down quickly and was standing in one spot together. I just sat down on the couch which Brooklyn did too. I was still trying to process and maybe understand what my mom was trying to say. Does she know something about Aurora? Is Aurora a Mythical Creature like me, like us? What is going on?

Mom went on to open the door and Aurora and her family were there and our parents hugged each other. Aurora's mom brought champagne. Josh and Alex were looking at me angrily and were giving me the eye. Her other brother Nick, on the other hand, was just acting normal.

I came nearer Aurora when I saw her, the smell and sense came back again, and she turned around. "Oh Ryder, your house is really big!" she said with amazement.

"Yeah, even if it is big, it still seems crowded since there are 7 of us, well soon to be 8 with the baby coming soon to the family," I said, I still felt her brothers staring at me like they were ready to punch me.

Mom asked us all to go to the dining table as dinner would be ready. I suddenly saw Brooklyn acting strange. She walks towards Nick.

"Hi there, what's your name stranger?" she said

*Stranger?*

Nick smiled at her " Hi, My name is Nick, I am in the same class as your brother over there" he said pointing at me.

"Oh really? Well, he never mentioned you before? But that's okay, my name is Brooklyn. I'm 14 and going to be 15 soon." she said while twirling her hair.

"Nice to meet you, Brooklyn," Nick said with a smile. Brooklyn started to blush.

*If it is true about the mate sense, that means..... Brooklyn's mate is Nick? Wow, talking about siblings are alike.*