Chapter 23 - Angelica

Gunner and I stand side by side as I finish filling out the birth certificates. Smiling at each other we walk over two the three moses baskets that have side by side. Standing in front of our first born I leant down and kissed his forehead "welcome to the world AJ Daniels" I move over to my next son and do the same "hi Grayson Hunter Daniels, my sweet baby boy" lastly I walk over to my daughter and stroke her cheek before kissing her forehead "hello baby girl, my little Phoebe Delilah Daniels" standing back I watch as Gunner does the same to each of them before coming over to me. He shifts to stand behind me and I lean back into him while his arms automatically wrap around my waist, his chin resting on my shoulder.

"They are so peaceful, a part of me was expecting them to be crying all the time" I rest my hand on his as we look over our little ones.

"Love I don't want to ruin the moment but there is something you should know" Gunners tone displayed how reluctant he was to tell me whatever it was. I turn in his arms and look up at him worried. "What is it?". He sighs and kisses my forehead "I didn't say anything earlier since I didn't want you stressed while you were pregnant but Damien has been sending notes to us for a couple of months" I take a step away from him in shock but I don't step out of his arms as he continues, "he's been silent for a few weeks, but we are still trying to find him. I promise you he will not hurt you or our children, i'll make sure of that"

I didn't doubt Gunner for a second. Leaning forward I quickly place a kiss on his lips with a smile before turning around a watching over our little ones. We had another week of peace before Damien made an appearance once again.

-----

"This was on the step for you" Beast tells me as he hands me the small parcel in his hands, it was already opened so I knew he had already checked to see if it was anything dangerous.

Taking the parcel from his hands I set it on the side before opening it. Sat at the bottom was a large pink leather dog collar, the very collar I was forced to wear. Closing the box I give it back to him "tell gunner I'm going to take the kids to my parents house"

I don't wait for a reply before I run upstairs to pack everything the kids will need for the night and take it down to the car. Walking back inside I walked passed Shadows office before an idea struck me. Walking inside I pick up one or the trackers that he had made before writing a quick note and go back upstairs.

Walking into the wardrobe I searched for the boots I had, the inner sole had broken. Finding them I lift the broken sole up and slip the tracker into the heel. The boots were jet black lace up ankle boots with a chunky block heel so the device was easy to hide. Slipping them on I tuck a small army knife inside them and pull my jeans over it. Pulling on my jacket I take AJ and Hunter and put them in their car seats before doing the same to Phoebe. Getting in practically speed to my parents house, being mindful of my babies in the back. 40 minutes later im pulling into my parents drive and watched amused as mum comes rushing over from her place on the porch swing with dad. I barely had enough time to stop before the door was open and she was fussing over the little ones. Getting out I go to the boot and bring out their bags with dad's help. "I know it really last minute but can you guys watch them for me until tomorrow, I have something I need to do" mum smile and picks AJ out of his carrier since he was the closest to her. "Baby you don't have to ask, well be happy to have them for the night."

Dad takes the bags inside along with AJ's carrier while I pick up Phoebe and Hunter, both were asleep so I set their carriers on the floor by the sofa once we get inside. I give each of them a kiss before saying goodbye and getting back into the car and driving off.

I knew damien enough to know that he had men watching me for a distance even now. To say I was afraid of him would be an understatement, I was terrified but I was also determined to end this, I had to for my kids sake. I had to come up with a plan. I already had the tracker and the knife as a precaution but I needed something more.

Driving into town I come up with an outline for a plan in my head. Parking car I walked around for a bit before walking into Starbucks to get an iced coffee to walk around with. Walking around for an hour with no success I finally decided to try walking through an alley. Luckily it works and I'm grabbed from behind. Putting on a show I scream and try twisting around in the persona arms. They place a cloth over my mouth and nose and before I know it I collapse.