Chapter 9 - Gunner and Shadow*

-Gunner-
I am officially stunned. She kissed me. Actually kissed me. Oh god I sound like a teenage girl. What is Angelica doing to me? I shake my head to clear it before looking up to find Angelica walking out of my wardrobe in a pair of my basketball shorts that fell a little past her knee while she pulled on the drawstrings so they wouldn't fall into a pool at her feet. With a smile I walk over to her and kneel on the floor so I could do a double knot to keep the neon yellow strings in place. I would have continued watching her struggle since she was so damn cute with her eyebrows creasing slightly and her tongue poking out between her lips in concentration. Once the knot was done I gently tuck the ends of the t-shirt into the waistband and allow the rest of the material to flow over the top so it doesn't look as huge on her. Raising backup to my full height I hold my hand out to her she takes in after a moment and places her hand in mine.

Leading her downstairs to the computer room that I knew Shadow spent most of his time in.

"Hey, Shadow I need a favour" I say before the door even has a chance to fully shut behind us."I need you to help me find Angelica's family"Shadow turned to us then, spinning in his chair. He gave me knowing smile when he noticed the protective way I was holding Angel to my side.

"Sure, I can help." he assured Angel who looked a little nervous. " just need your full name and the name of your parents" he tells her as he turns back to the screen ready to type in what he needed. With a nod from me to Angel she answers "Angelica Rose Blackwood and my parents would be Andrew and Delilah Blackwood" with that Shadow spins round so fast he fell of the chair pulling chuckle from both Angel and I. The laughter quickly vanished when Shadow looked at Angel with a watery smile. "Is it really you" I took a step back and watched completely as Shadow pulled Angelica into a bone crushing hug finally allowing the tears in his eyes to fall. "Do I know you?" the broken sound in Angel's voice as the two broke apart from the embrace shattered my heart. Taking a step forward I quickly pull her to my side to comfort her.

"Did you recognise her name?" I ask Shadow while running my hands up and down her back in a soothing manner with a nod he started talking. "My aunt and uncle had a daughter that went missing at 13 after about 4 years of searching the police said that they found a body that they assumed belonged to their daughter and had to go in the look at the body, they came home saying it looked too much alike her to not be her. " he paused then to clear his throat with cough while wiping his eyes "Anglica do you mind if we do a DNA test to prove that it's really you so you can be certain."

I looked down to she her tear filled eyes she was looking at me with a silent request if it was ok for her to do this, with a small nod of approval she turned to Shadow "ok, can we do it today?"The look on Shadows face was one of pure relief as he told her they could do it this afternoon.I just hopped that my Angel wouldn't leave after she finally got her wings.

~Shadow (Jason Mathews)~

I can't believe it! Little Annie is still alive, god all these we all thought she was dead. Her parents would be so proud of the person she's become. I mean who wouldn't. I heard her laughing with Gunner so I know that she hasn't allowed what's happened to her to destroy her completely, I know she must be suffering from PTSD but that's not anything that she can overcome with time. She may not see it that way but I do.

A single test tube had been filled with her blood and was sent to the lab to get her DNA results done while also checking her blood work. Might as well kill two birds with one stone.

Grabbing my phone off my desk I dial an all to familiar number and bring it up to my ear waiting for dial tone to come to an end.

(phone call. shadow=S, delilah=D, andrew=A)

D: "hello"

S: "hey auntie D, I have just found out something can you bring Andrew into the room and put the phone on speaker?"

D:" sure JJ, is everything ok?"

god, she was the best aunt anyone could ask for, she was always there when you needed her even if she had to drop everything to do so.

S:"yeah, I just need to tell you guys something"

D: "ok sweetie." away from the phone "honey, come here Jason's on the phone!"

A smile forms on my lips as I hear the sound of my uncle running in from the other room

D:"ok he's here"

S: "ok i really don't know how you guys are going to react to this but.... ANGELICA IS ALIVE.

I know I shouldn't have screamed that down the phone since the news was probably shock enough, but I was just too excited. I small whimper came over the speaker snapping me out of my thoughts.

D: "how?"

S: "we got tasked to stop this van that was selling girls, but when we managed to get a look inside there was only a single girl she needed medical attention so Gunner brought her back here so that doc could look her over, she just woke up fully this morning and gunner brought her down to me so I could help her find her parents. When she told me her full name and I froze then she said your names. I had to do a blood test so we will know for sure in a couple of days but it's too much of a coincidence that someone could have the exact same name and parents."

I don't think I even breathed during that as I drag in a much needed breath into my lungs

D: "can we see her"

A: "my princess is alive?"

Both shocked parents ask talk at the same time. After reassuring my uncle and telling my aunt that they could come over after the blood results came through, we said our goodbyes and I hung up with a smile.

My family was getting bigger again. And I couldn't be happier about that.