Chapter 10 - Angelica*

Sitting down at the vanity table, I tighten my towel before running the comb through my damp hair. Today was the day I finally became reunited with my family and I couldn't wait. I barely had any sleep last night since I was so anxious, don't get me wrong I'm also scared out of my mind. What if they don't want me anymore? What if they think I'm too broken to be loved? What if they....? As if scensing my line of thoughts Gunner stood up from his place on the bed and knelt down behind me wrapping his arms around my waist, while he pressed his cheek into my back between my shoulder blades. I was starting to learn not to flinch with Gunner. I still did with the others but I was getting used to his random comforting touches.

"Don't worry so much my Angel, everything's going to be okay" his soft voice echoed smoothly through the quiet room as he rubbed small gentle circles into the skin of my waist, the towel doing nothing to stop the heat from his touch spreading throughout my body. Sighing lightly I lean back slightly, allowing him to take some of my weight. "What if they dont want me, i'm not the same girl I was before. I'm broken and lost, I don't smile and laugh as much as I used to.".

He stands up, lifting me up with him before spinning me around so I end up face first in his chest. Breathing in deeply I allow his scent to wrap around me causing me to instantly relax he smelled like vanilla and pine needles. "They are going to love you, how could they not. You are the strongest, most kindest person I know. You may be broken but i'm going to be the one to put you back together again." placing a kiss on my head I sigh again before pulling away, giving him a small smile I turn away and walk into the bathroom to finish getting ready.

Stepping out of the bathroom I walk over to the full length mirror to check that my outfit looks ok. Staring at my reflection I decided that I'm happy with my choice of dark blue ripped jeans, black singlet and black high tops. Over all I looked good, especially now that I'm gaining a bit of weight back. "Come on, it's time to go" I jump slightly at Gunners voice causing him to chuckle lightly as I take a deep breath and turn to face him "I'm ready" and I truly was it's been too long since I've hugged my parents. Smiling with them and simply being with them.

It took over an hour to reach my parents house. The journey would have been shorter but we had to stop every now and then, it seemed that the closer we got the more my memories seemed to be coming back. Although I couldn't make out the faces I knew that it was my family. When we passed a father with his daughter laughing an image of a man with broad shoulders and bright smile with hair so blonde it was almost white, getting me to stand on his toes while he waltzed me around the living room with a tinkerbell like laughter in the background that I'm almost sure belonged to my mother since I don't remember having a sister.

Going passed an ice cream parlour the image of my mother and I sitting in the window seat flooded my mind, I remember we had been laughing at a little boy who was making funny faces while rubbing his forehead to ease the brain freeze while his older brother laughed along with us recording the whole thing. I allowed all of these memories to flood my mind as I smile at all the laughter and love I had while growing up. Just knowing this I knew that I had nothing to worry about with my parents . A warm hand on my thigh drew my attention away from the view out the window as I turned around the face Gunner who wore his usually smirk. I take his hand in mine before closing my eyes and take a deep breathe.

"We're here" looking out ahead of us I saw the house that I had grown up in come into view. Before the car could even stop a couple in their mid forties came running out. Jumping out once the car stopped I met them halfway getting engulfed by the familiar scent of lavender and vanilla from my mother perfume and the unmistakable mix of cinnamon and musk from my father. Upon hearing my parents voices the tears I had been holding back the whole time finally broke through me restraint as they flow down my face as we stood there in each other's embrace.

"Mum, dad" the whisper leaves my lips mid sob as I snuggle deeper into my father's neck. Feeling their hold on me tighten I let out a sigh full of contentment left my lips as I turn my head to the side placing a kiss on my father's cheek before turning and doing the same to my mother.