Chapter 47 (Rewritten)

Start from the beginning

The thunder spikes were ripped out of your hands, landing on impact and exploding from behind. 

"...!!" You yelped as the hooks of your ODMs became unattached and you were all thrown off balance. 

"Grk!" You grunted again as you landed nearby Armin. 

"*Cough* *Cough*" You coughed, wiping the sweat from your forehead. 

Aagh...that was hot! Mikasa soon landed and you noticed she was hurt. 

"Mikasa!" You rushed over to her. 

'You alright!?'

"I'm fine, Y/n. It's not that bad. That strike from the thunder spikes got me. Figure something out yet, Armin?"

Armin couldn't say anything. 

"I-...I don't know..."

Suddenly, a familiar smell wafted your nose as your eyes widened.

"...!!" You gasped and turned your attention behind Bertholdt. 

A loud boom was heard, and their eyes soon widened as yours did. There stood Reiner, who magically got up for some reason. Looks like your thunder spears weren't that effective on him either. 

"No way! Why is he back!? This is not good! At this rate, the walls and our lives are as good as done for!"

....

Your mind suddenly flashed to when you fought against Bertholdt after he and Reiner kidnapped both you and Eren. 

You could have gotten him, you were in the air and could have delivered a blow. But you let yourself get engulfed in the heat. 

Back then...you let that happen. 

You could have easily taken him down, but you decided not to. 

Why?

....

Was it because even after everything, you still remembered him as a friend. 

No, not when you were in training for the Survey Corps. Back when you were all together in--

"Erk!" Your head throbbed. Ringing began to echo through your ears. 

No, no, no!

You're supposed to forget! You don't know who that is! You don't remember them! You're not supposed to!

Whatever they said about you! It isn't true!

It isn't true!

....

"Y/n?" You heard Armin call. 

Your eyes slowly shifted to him; your expression different. 

"Is everything okay?" He waited for you to give him a sign in acknowledgement. 

You mentally sighed, realizing you couldn't keep the facade up this time. 

"I'm sorry, Bertholdt...Reiner. This is my life now, and I'm going to protect it. Even if I'm seen as a traitor..." you thought. 

You have a plan. But you needed time and Bertholdt distracted. You also needed to get away from the group. 

'Armin, I think I have a plan!'

"Huh!? So do I!"

'Does it involve Eren?'

"...yes."

Your brows furrowed. 

"But I'm sure it will work! Trust me!"

Trust...when was the last time you were told that?