Chapter 3: Curiosity

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." -Babe Ruth

Chapter 3: Curiosity

Taehyung was alone in the cafeteria. Yet he can hear murmurs surrounding him. Some of them were fascinated by his beauty and also confused about why a beautiful guy like him was alone?

However, his mind was filled that if he went home, he'll end up getting raped again. He was getting stressed because of that. If killing is not a crime, he should kill his asshole rapist father. But he was never raised as a killer.

After all, he was scared to see blood on his own hands. And he was still trying to figure out how he will escape from his father or is that even possible to happen? He hopes so.

He closed his eyes, tugging his hair, stress, and disappointment in himself were making his mental health worst. Everything that happened to him was so hard.

He can escape and tell the police about his situation but his father was no joke, even though their lives were not that rich but his father has still a connection to the police.

He was on the verge of crying not until someone slammed the table and felt someone sitting beside him. He flinched, opened his eyes, and looked beside him.

"What are you doing here?" Taehyung asked wiping his tears.

"You don't see? There's no space available for me, and this is the only space." Jungkook simply replied while eating his food.

Taehyung looked around, Jungkook wasn't lying, the cafeteria was full and loud. He sighed playing with his food.

"Are you crying because you're sad? Or you're crying because you're happy?" Jungkook inquired with his serious face.

Taehyung looked at him, Jungkook seems mocking him or something.

"Is that supposed to be a joke or you're mocking me?" Taehyung asked shaking his head.

"Do I look like mocking you? I'm not a joker guy like you." Jungkook retorted smirking.

"If you still think that I'm joking about earlier, believe me, I'm not." Taehyung replied seriously.

"Is that a joke too?" Jungkook inquired chewing.

"You know what? Just leave me, you won't understand me." Taehyung retorted rolling his eyes.

"How can I understand you if you didn't tell something to me?" Jungkook asked mockingly while leaning his chin on his palm

"You'll disgust me." Taehyung mumbled under his breath.

Well, he shouldn't expect that Jungkook will still hear that.

"And what do you mean about that? Disgust? You don't look disgusting at all. You look like the purest soul ever." Jungkook retorted inquiring curiously.

His eyes widened, Jungkook heard him and now he had to explain it. He's so stupid not realizing that he say it out loud.

"You don't have to know. Sometimes, you need to distance yourself from someone you don't know." Taehyung sighed standing up from his seat.

"Sometimes you have to open up, it's not that bad. How can someone help you if you just hiding the pain? You can trust me, I'm not going to tell it to anyone, maybe I can help you." Jungkook suddenly said interrupting him from leaving.

Taehyung glances at him with his teary eyes.

"You can't... you can't help me, whether if I tell you, you'll leave me and find me disgusting. No one.... no one can understand me and my pain." Taehyung stated and walked away.

Jungkook stared at Taehyung's back and smirked.

"Who are you Kim Taehyung? What are you hiding?" Jungkook muttered under his breath.

-----

When their lunch ended, they were in their class. Jungkook was sitting behind Taehyung who was busy taking down the notes.

Jungkook never found someone interesting but when Taehyung came, he felt interested in him. He wants to understand him but somehow he can only read the pain in Taehyung's eyes, his eyes asking for help but full of frightened.

He knew something was wrong with Taehyung and he wants to find it. It's weird, for the first time, he felt pity for someone he doesn't even know and just met. Taehyung is a close book, it's so hard to read him.

"What's the matter? Why are you staring at me?" Taehyung asked but his eyes were focused on the note he was writing.

"Just want to ask something." Jungkook replied.

Taehyung stopped writing and looked at him.

"What is it?" Taehyung retorted inquiring.

"Are you okay?"

No one, no one asks him that question. Would it be weird if he felt happy that someone ask him that? And sad at the same time because he never becomes okay.

No

"Yes" He badly wants to say no but what Jungkook will do if he says no?

Of course, he knows nothing, Jungkook would do nothing for him.

"Are you sure about that?" Jungkook asked once again.

"Yes, why did you ask? Did I look sad to you?" Taehyung smiled forcefully.

But his eyes can't hide his real emotion. He flinched a bit when he felt his thumb wiping his wet cheek. He didn't even notice that it was his tears. 

"If you are happy, then what's this?" Jungkook asked while wiping off his tears.

Taehyung wants to lean in more on his touch, it felt so warm and... Safe. This is the feeling he wanted to feel for so long. He wants Jungkook to touch him more but he jerked off Jungkook's hand and looked at him.

"It's nothing, I didn't notice there were tears in my eyes. It's just because I'm tired, that's it." Taehyung replied clearing his throat and looking away.

"I don't want to sound like a pervert, but if you want, you can lean on my shoulder if you want someone to lean on, you can hold my hand if you felt like you want someone to hold you or if you want someone to listen to you, my ears are open for you." Jungkook stated and smiled oh so softly.

Taehyung bit the inner of his bottom lip while tightening his grip on the pen.