(1) Envelope

"Dad! There's a pretty envelope!" Kimberly bounced into the kitchen where her Father sat, newspaper in hand.

Dale -- Kimberly's father -- placed his paper on the table and outstretched his hand for the envelope. "I wonder who it's from."

"Can I see?" Kim asked as she handed over the letter.

"Of course." Dale smiled and began opening the fancy looking letter. It read, 'To celebrate the twenty year anniversary of Mitchell's L.T.D, Mr Mitchell invites you to his home to join him and other guests for a black-tie event.' It continued on to say more about the address and how a plus 1 was welcome.

"You wouldn't be up for this boring thing, would you?" Dale raised a brow at his sixteen year old daughter.

"Could I please go?" Kimberly asked hopefully.

"I guess you could if you really wanted, but you know nobody your age would be there, right, Princess?" Dale worked for the top floor in Mitchell's L.T.D, which was probably how he was invited. Top floor was the floor filled with all the highest paying jobs.

"That's fine! Oh I'm so excited!" Kimberly giggled. "When is it?"

Dale looked through the invitation. "Um... Tomorrow night." He raised his brows. "Geez, don't give you much notice."

"I'll go pick out a dress!" Kimberly burst in excitement and rushed up the stairs while her father chuckled at her happiness.

"Gosh Dad, it's beautiful in here!" Kimberly smiled as she looked around the grand room. She knew The Mitchell's had money but she didn't think they had this much. Kim had actually been here for a few hours by now, but she was still in shock.

"I wish we had this." Dale spoke.

"I like our little house, it's perfect just for us two." Kimberly poked her fathers nose making him smile and chuckle.

Plenty of eyes were on Kimberly in her pretty pink dress, but neither her nor her father noticed. She was very pretty. She had a small frame, standing at 5"0, 5"3 in her silver heels. She had naturally pouty lips and doe eyes. She had a bubbly nature which Dale fully blamed himself for. After Kimberly's mother, Lucy had been murdered, Dale had really isolated Kim away from the world. She was homeschooled and had no phone meaning she also had no friends to corrupt her pretty mind.

She took a glass filled with lemonade in her hand. She took the straw between her lips, the sweet mixture bubbling over her tongue as she looked around the room.

Across the room sat two men -- or more so a teenage boy and a man. Although it was a gathering they were attending, they were still talking about work. "And that way it would be more efficient, don't you think?" Robert questioned his Son.

After no answer from the nineteen year old, Robert spoke again. "Caiden? Are you listening?"

"What?" Caiden turned to face his father, clueless as to what he was talking about.

"You better start listening to me if you want to take over this company, boy." Robert warned.

"Yes, Dad, give me a minute." Caiden huffed.

"What's perked up you interests?" Robert turned to look behind him when he caught sight of the girl, she looked clueless while sucking on a black straw. "Ohh." Robert turned to face Caiden with a smirk. "The pretty little thing in the pink dress?"

"Yes, Dad, now please shut up. I'll be back in a bit." Caiden stood to his feet and walked away from the table him and his father were seated at and strolled around the room, wondering if he should speak to the girl.

Then she stood to her feet and walked over to the bar. She ordered another lemonade, that's when Caiden finally decided to talk to the girl.

He casually strolled over, sure she'd know who he was and would fall at his feet. Was that cocky? Yes, but it was what he was used to. "Hey." He smiled at the girl who wasn't facing him.

She spun around with the lemonade in her hand and the straw once again between her lips. She looked up at his 6"3 figure with doe eyes. "Hi." She spoke quietly.

"Are you enjoying?" Kim was questioned. She nodded her head slowly, nervous at the strong aura that surrounded the young boy.

"Mind answering me with words, sweetheart?" Caiden rose his eyebrow.

Kimberly's heart was racing. The boy -- that looked more like a man -- that stood before her was gorgeous. He had deep brown hair and a little stubble, though not much. He was so tall that Kimberly's neck began aching. "S-sorry, sir. Yes I am enjoying, thank you." The small girl answered, trying to be as polite as possible.

Caiden smirked. "Good girl." If you couldn't tell by now, Caiden was a dominant, he expected respect from Kimberly, even if she was yet to be his sub. "What's your name, precious?" Caiden asked another question.

"I'm Kimberly, you're Mr. C Mitchell, right?" She didn't want to use his first name and risk making him mad.

"Yes, sweetheart. It's nice to meet you." He smiled down at her.

"Ah, Kimberly May, will you please stop distracting this important man?" Dale arrived and shook his head.

"Oh no, trust me sir, she's okay." Caiden shook his head and smiled down at kimberly. He had a dazzling smile that made Kimberly blush.

"I should get her home anyway, she has a habit of getting loud and fidgety when tired and we don't need that." Kim's father chuckled which only frustrated Caiden more. He wanted the girl to stay. 

"Are you sure you wouldn't like to stay a little while longer?" Caiden questioned, hoping the two would stay a little longer so he could keep talking to the blonde beauty.

"We really shouldn't. Thank you for the invitation Mr. Mitchell, she really seemed to enjoy." Dale smiled and pulled his daughter tightly into his hide squeezing her into a side hug.

"Well I hope to see you soon." Caiden faked a smile and stomped back over to his father.

"You did it wrong." Robert smirked.

"Shut up." Caiden grumbled.

"Now, if that was me I-"

"But this time it won't be you. You aren't going to take the girl for a quick fuck and throw her away when i actually want her for the right reasons." Caiden spoke in a serious tone.

"Who ever said I only wan-"

"Dad! She's half your age!" Caiden burst.

"All the more reason." Robert had an amused look plastered across his face.

Caiden rolled his eyes. "Dad!" he snapped at his father.

"Fine." Robert made a fake surrender. We'll see.