knocking at the door

Hannibal hadn't expected a guest. Especially not at his patient exit. Even less did he want to see anyone but his wife and daughter. But there he was. Jack Crawford. A man of the FBI.
Allowing him inside he watches closely as he moves through the office with an arrogant calmness that someone can only show when they do not recognize the danger in front of them.
This man had not come to try and take him into custody. He had come to recruit him on suggestion of a once student of his that he knew had been interested in him. Such opportunity was hard to pass up. Therefore he agrees.
When finally Crawford has left his office he leaves the room as well, locking up for the day, driving home.
The house is quiet when he comes inside. Too quiet for his taste. Hanging up his coat and locking the door again behind him he walks through the rooms. In the kitchen awaits him a note. 'Cassy has a cold. Went to the doctors and pharmacy to get her some medicine. Should be back around 8pm. Food is in the fridge.
Love, Saturn and Cassy.'
He moves to the fridge and smiles to himself. Cassiopeia loves that very dish. Eating a quick meal he then goes to wait in the living room for their return.

At quarter past eight the door opens and he gets up. There they are. His daughter asleep in his wife's arm while said woman tries to get out of her jacket without waking her. Quietly he moves over to them, picking up Cassiopeia, earning himself a thankful smile as Saturn takes off her jacket, then a kiss when she is finished with that. "Have you found the note? Have you eaten?", she asks softly, gently pealing their daughter out of her jacket. "Positive on both." She smiles, placing a peck on his cheek. "Let's get her into bed." That they do and soon they both look down at the small toddler, sleeping in her bed. Turning off the lights in her room they make their way into their bedroom. "I was visited by the FBI today?" "Are you in trouble? What happened?" "I was asked to be a forensic psychiatrist and work with a certain special agent named Will Graham. I accepted." "Hired by the FBI, hu? Well.. I can't imagine a man more capable of helping them with whatever than you. You just need to promise me to always be careful." He smiles. "I promise. Thank you." "For what?" "Being such a caring, loving wife." "Oh, love. You are my husband, my one and only true love and the father of my child. What did you expect? A night in the living room? That's ridiculous. We both know that if either of us had a problem with the others choice we can talk about it and not act like seventeen year olds.", she chuckles, while pulling off her sweater and opening her hair. "I need a shower..." Her eyes narrow with mischief glimmering in them. "Would you like to join me?" Loosening his tie Hannibal smiles at Saturn. "I know nothing I'd like more."

Meeting Will Graham had been an experience. An empath. A man so terribly empathetic that he can loose himself in thinking about killers.
He shivers, just imagining how he could twist his mind in ways to form him into whatever he wanted.
But for that he needed to gain his trust. A task he'd worry about later for right then he was entering his families home. "Saturn?" "In the living room, handsome." He hangs up his jacket and moves into the living room where he greets his wife with a kiss. "Welcome home." "I'm glad to see you. "Papa.", Cassiopeia beams, rushing over to him as fast as her small legs carry her. Two years already. He brushes through her dark hair she got from her mother and places a kiss on her head. She grins up at him happily like she always does and it reminds him as to why he would never let himself get caught. Because he needed to see her grow up. "Anything new?" "Work is all the same as here. Not really. Come here, baby." Cassiopeia hurries back to her mother and climbs onto the couch to snuggle into the woman's arms, curling up a bit to fit herself right into her. Saturn smiles happily and brushes through her daughters hair as the girl scoots ever closer. "What happened at your work. You met that agent today, didn't you?" "I did. Fascinating person. I am already curious as to what I will be learning working further with him." "I'm glad you are happy, Hannibal. I love you." "I love you too. I love both of you." Cassiopeia peaks up at him and smiles before snuggling back into her mother. "Is something the matter?"  "Mama has a tummy ache and she says I make it better." Hannibal glances at his wife who only shrugs, brushing her fingers through her daughters hair.
"Baby.. How would you feel about having a little sibling?" Her words make the cannibal immediately freeze and Cassiopeia light up. "I want a little sister!", she grins. "Hmm.. Guess what. Mama and Papa are giving you a little brother or sister in about 9 months.", Saturn smiles and Hannibal moves over to her, kissing her then smiles at her as she slyly grins. "Surprise.", she laughs. "How long?" "Maybe a week or so? I found out today." Cassiopeia scoots up a bit to drop her head onto her mothers chest and Saturn wraps her arms around her. "I can't put into words how glad I am." "Maybe you can't. But Amber can. Listen." Pulling out her phone Saturn presses play on a voicemail. An screech leaves the phone that could make someone cry. They share a laugh. "Does she want to be godmother once more?" "The answer she has given is forty eight times yes." "She really wrote 'forty eight times yes'?" "No. She wrote 'yes' forty eight times." They both crack a smile. "I guess she her excitement knows no end."