a meal for two

He had called her and after three rings she had picked up the phone. "Hello Hannibal.", her gentle voice says. "You knew it was me?" "You are the only person not yet saved in my contacts that I gave my mobile number to.", Saturn chuckles. He smiles to himself. "Could you be over at 8 o'clock? I'll send you the address." "I can most certainly try. I hope there isn't too much traffic.." He hears rustling in the background and her apparently bare feet walking over wooden floor. "You are already at home?" "I am. Yes. I am currently trying to get further into the exact effects of alternative medicine such as homeopathy. I am a bit intrigued by the thought of the body reacting to something that is essentially not there at all.", she tells him, "Therefore I have taken to studying the subject at home. I am currently still at the way this field was created in the first place but I am fascinated already."
He smiles to himself. No matter what.. She still was young. "How would you like me to be dressed? I am guessing sophisticated.", Saturn says. "You are welcome no matter how you are dressed." "Flattering. Still.. I'll make sure to look presentable. I shall see you soon then, Hannibal. Goodbye." "Goodbye, Saturn." 

He quickly messages her his address, then starts to prepare their meals.

Saturn had arrived at the large house that looked to be built in the 1920s. A beautiful house, but she preferred her modern one, just because of her love for modern architecture.
Gently she presses the doorbell and it is opened by Hannibal mere seconds later. "As a guest I found myself contemplating what you'd appreciate as a present. I hope it suits your taste." She hands him a bag from which he produces one of the finest wines France has to offer. A bottle of it already makes it up to and over 200$. "It does perfectly. Thank you. Step inside. Let me help you with your coat." Gently he helps her slide out of her sleeves and then glances at her up and down. Blue seemed to be a clear favorite color of hers. The dress has floor length and is of a soft blue color. Tight fitting around her chest and to her waist, then draping and flowing like a waterfall and made of fine silk. "You look beautiful, if I may say so." Saturn smiles, a soft blush on her cheeks. "Thank you. I try." She takes the hand he has offered to her and guides her towards the dining room where he has her seated right by his side. "Red or white?" "Rosé, if you may. One glass shouldn't be too much to stop me from driving later.", she smiles and he chuckles, obliging with her choice. Still warm he serves their meals. For her a vegan  variety plate of oven baked vegetables with a bit of wine, salt, pepper, rosemary and vinegar to bring out the flavors more. For him he served liver. The liver of a man who couldn't stomach that the very woman right in front of him, had more sense than to allow a completely senseless explanation of the creation of humanity to be accepted as a doctorate.
They toast to a lovely evening together, then begin to eat. He earns himself quite a few compliments by the young woman, all of them actually flattering him. For desert he had made a completely vegan chocolate mousse that he too enjoys. After the meal Saturn insists on helping with the dishes, which she does, being allowed into the kitchen. The way she moves and leaves a trail of her soft scent all around him drives him almost insane. Now that it was only them he could smell the lavender on her skin. The ginkgo in her hair. Quite a choice for scents. But he liked it non the less. It didn't smell chemical. Nothing about her did. "Now that we have dined, may I ask you to dance?" Her dark eyes sparkle with unvoiced laughter. "You may." Soon enough they sway through the kitchen and into the living room while music softly plays in the background, fading the longer they look into each others eyes. "How long have you been in the medical field?" "Since I was 15.. I finished school three years earlier. I studied for seven years in total in a dual study, one online and one at the university, while also working on my doctorates for both medicine and biology. I got the title for both fields and graduated with ease. So.. If you count the studying for 13 years in total." Hannibal twirls her, before holding her close once more. "You are truly a fascinating person." "I may seem that way.. but I really am the most boring person you might have ever met.", Saturn laughs. "I spend my days either working or studying or sleeping. I have to force myself out of my comfortable clothes every time and I could cry when I do and my favorite thing to do is nothing.", she chuckles. Hannibal smiles. "I doubt that this was everything there is to know about you." "Well...", she mumbles, looking thoughtful, "I believe you shall have to witness before accepting that I really am nothing special." The psychiatrist looks into her dark orbs. "I find that hard to believe." "But it's the truth.", Saturn laughs. "Allow me to find out for myself." "If you insist.." "I do." "Well.. Then you already know my address. Feel free to drop by any time. As long as I'm home I should not be too horrid of a host." He chuckles. Genuinely amused by the womans humbleness. He had not expected her to be such a reserved person. But it only made the chase more... Interesting... in his opinion.