Chapter 37 - Shigaraki's Surprise

Začať od začiatku

It didn't take that long for the whole structure to come down, the camera catching sight of Shigaraki on top of the rubble, laughing like a maniac. I clenched my fists, anger rising exponentially fast within me. My eyes started flickering green as my quirk inched to be activated, to fight, to avange my fallen comrades. The reporter was saying something about Shigaraki, but then quickly gasped and urged the camera person to film another direction.

From their news helicopter, the whole battlefield was clearly visible. Yet they zoomed in on one particular spot. I gasped. N-no... I wasn't able to control my tears any longer, my quirk slowly seeping through. On the screen I could see Kaminari, crying, holding Shinsou's body. His eyes were pale and lifeless and blood covered his abdomen. I could see electricity sparking off Denki as he held his fiancé close to him, his face crunched together in an ugly cry face.

No... NO! HE CAN'T BE-! NO! NO! NO! No! No! No, no, no,..! I grabbed my head, clutching my hair as I shook. No... The voice of the newsreporter drummed inside my head.

"It seems like, oh God... The collaps of the building seems to have killed the Commander, second in command in the D.E.K.U.! A-and with him is Black-Out!"

I don't know whether Kami was releasing electricity in order to reanimate or because he was upset, but I was leaning towards the second option.
"S-Suzuki..!"
I glared at Suru, seeing her take a step back in shock. I know I'm fucking crying but that's no reason to act like you've seen a damn ghost! Wait...

I looked down at my hands, which were shaking in anger and sadness, a green glow surrounding them. Shit. I glanced back up, seeing the whole class stare at me with shock and fear as they backed away. My eyes were probably glowing a toxic emerald green while my hair was floating due to my quirk. I bet even my freckles returned to my face because of this quirk break out. I breathed heavily, clenching my fists, trying to calm myself down.

Who am I kidding?! I'm raging mad! Hitoshi is-! He is..! Tears streamed over my cheeks as I sobbed, the green glow only getting more obvious as time went on.
"I-I need to go" I muttered to myself, trying to wipe away my tears the best I could.
"I-I need t-to...to be there..."
With that I started walking to the front door as if on auto pilot. It was as if all my emotions were leaving me and only anger remained. I will have revenge for Oshi...

"Midoriya"

I stopped for a moment, seeing Aizawa glare at me with bloody red eyes, his scarf and hair floating around him.
"You're not stopping me" I growled, instantly ready to kill him if I had to.
"I didn't come to stop you... Take me with you" he demanded, making my classmates gasp and stare in shock from within the doorframe as they watched the scene unfold.

"Fine. Hang on" I grumbled, the green glow intensifying as his scarf wrapped around my arm. Within seconds, I flew through the air in the direction of my HQ, where all the commotion was coming from. I almost hit the news helicopter as I landed, breathing heavily.
"SHIGARAKI TOMURA!" I growled, my voice booming over the battle field.
"PREPARE TO DIE YOU BASTARD!"

I shot across the field, seeing Kaminari was already all over Tenko. Electricity was going everywhere, lighting up all his suroundings. I was quick to be at Denki's side, swallowing as I noticed his eyes. They weren't glowing a bright yellow anymore even though he was fully transformed. It was now a dark and deep gold, signalling all his hopes and dreams had been shattered. He's grieving a loved one...

"This is my fight Izuku" he hissed, glaring at me.
"I know" I breathed, glaring at Shigaraki as I set my power free.
"At least let me assist you"
"Me to" Shoto growled, now standing at my other side. His arm was badly bleeding and I noticed some rubble sticking in his shoulder, making me cringe. Not that I doubt we can win, I mean, we all posses One For All. Tenko won't know what hit him~

I glared at the man before me, the grin of a maniac on his face.
"Izuku~ Just the one I was looking for~" he sang happily, cracks appearing in everything around him. I frowned, his quirk isn't supposed to work unless he touches something with five fingers. How could he be doing this?!
"A fated battle between brothers~"
"We're not brothers, you hear me?!" I hissed, my surroundings starting to float due to my quirk.

"Dad may have adopted you as his son, but you'll never belong to MY family!"

With that a rubble tornado formed around me, reminding me of the time I fought dad at UA High. I won back then and I'll win again now. Tomura might've gained a little more power or control over his quirk, but I'm still superior to him! I won't ever be defeated by a lowlife like him! Kaminari added an electrical charge to my attack while Todoroki produced a flame spiral surrounding the rubble. A combined attack from the three of us.

Shigaraki doesn't stand a chance... The attack would also wipe out everything around us, including the remains of our base, our home. It's for the best... That way nobody else can find sensitive information on us after this.
"Flashy" Shiggy stated, staring at the light show in front of him.
"But you forgot one thing, Green Reaper~ All For One chose ME!"

What the hell does he mean by that? What does it matter that dad chose him to be his successor?! Dad is dead! I killed him! He has nowhere to run anymore! But then, at the moment I wanted to release my attack, Nomu's started appearing out of the blue. They were unlike the Nomu's I've seen before, the ones my dad always used as his pets. Where did Tenko get these beasts from?! Only dad had access to the Nomu! Unless...

Unless that bastard actually met the one behind them... The doctor, as dad always called him. He was always very mysterious about the doctor, never letting any information slide. Ugh, this wasn't in my calculations damnit! The Nomu attacked my already injured members, making it very clear Tenko was making me choose. Him or my people.

"You like my little surprise, Izuku?" he grinned, letting out a deranged laugh. I growled, letting the tornado fall and focussing on defeating the Nomu.
"Get everyone out of here safely! Move to safehouses!" I shouted.
"Focus on evacuation!"
"I'm not letting that fucking piece of shit escape! No way!" Denki roared, electricity running over the whole battlefield, stunning both friend and foe alike.

"Calm yourself Black-Out! I can only imagine the pain you're going through right now but we can't win this one! We already lost before it started! I-I'm sorry but we have to focus on saving those who can still be saved!"
"It's no use... Just leave him be" Shoto spoke, a crack in his voice as he placed a hand on my shoulder. I held back my tears as I nodded, focussing my attention back on the others. I'm sorry Denki...

I'm sorry everyone... I wasn't here when it mattered... I wasn't able to protect you... I'm sorry Hitoshi... So so sorry... You were the first friend I made in high school, the one who always had my back and never left my side. You were so shy about your ambitions at first, yet your eyes shone brighter than mine the first time you transformed... Were your eyes still shining up until your very last breath..? Do you still believe that we can change this world for the better..?

Please Oshi... Please forgive me for not being there for you while you've always been there for me... I promise to avenge your death, to let your legacy continue and to take great care of Denki. That's what you would've wanted, right? To keep him from destroying himself for you? I can't stop him right now... He needs to let his anger out, otherwise he won't be able to heal. But you can count on me for that, I'll be with him every step of the way, I promise.

May you find peace in the afterlife, Shinsou Hitoshi.