"Forgot senior prank night, huh?" Tyler asked him.

Matt scoffed. "Clearly."

"How could you forget?" Caroline shook her head passionately. "We've only been waiting for this since, like, freshman year."

"I didn't want to come but apparently a distraction was needed," Lucy spoke up, giving Caroline a teasing look. "If I have to do this, Matt, you do too."

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this."

"Caroline's making us," Elena explained.

"We're about to be seniors," Caroline defended herself. "These are the memories that stay with us forever and if we don't—"

"And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all," Elena cut her off with a smirk.

Lucy snickered, sharing an amused look with Bonnie.

"Go ahead and make fun, I don't care," Caroline stuck her tongue out at her best friends.

"You're all lame," Tyler sighed, picking up a box of pranking supplies. "and I've got ten more classrooms to prank."

Elena got up to follow him out of the room, stopping when Bonnie called her name.

"Hey, where are you going?"

"To superglue Alaric's desk shut," Elena smiled mischievously. "I'm making memories. Wanna come Luce?"

Lucy raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "Maybe prank night's not so bad. I'm in."

As she and Elena hurried out of the classroom, they heard Caroline shout, "I love you guys!"

Lucy and Elena passed Tyler, who was giving out supplies to a couple of his teammates with instructions to go to the gym and headed to the history hallway.

"Maybe we could hide a whoopie cushion in Ric's chair," Lucy suggested as Elena walked through the door separating the English and history hallways. "We're in his first period. That'd be funny to see."

"Fart jokes," Elena said flatly as the door shut behind them. "That's always a hit."

Lucy's laughter was cut off with a sharp inhale as they came face-to-face with a smirking Klaus; Elena gasped loudly, her eyes widening.

"There's my girl," Klaus' smirk fell as Elena turned to run away; he sped in front of her. "You're supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?"

Klaus grabbed Elena's arm with one hand and Lucy's arm with the other and started dragging them down the hallway. He was walking too quickly and it was making Lucy trip every other step.

"You put a rather large kink in my plans, sweetheart," Klaus told Elena as they moved along. "The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids. I haven't been able to do that. Now, my bet is, it has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing."

"How about we just take a beat?" Lucy spoke up breathlessly, her wrist aching from his tight grip on her. "We can sit down and discuss this calmly and rationally. Doesn't that sound nice?"

"I don't have time for your witty comments right now, Luciana," Klaus spat as he turned down another hallway, heading toward the gym. "Shut up and walk."

As Lucy glowered at her brother, Elena fought against his grip, growing angry. "If you're going to kill me, just do it."

"Not until I know I'm right," Klaus insisted as he opened the door into the gym lobby and pushed the girls through it. "but I do have ways of making you suffer."