Chapter 47

The last month of my life has been incredibly, indescribably hard, but at the same time so, so rewarding. We've been... A bit on edge from lack of sleep and you're starting to be able to tell. Everything's fine when everyone's home because we take turns, even Courtney and Shayne have been super helpful. When they go to work is when things aren't so great, sure they tell you about what happens during pregnancy and child birth but no one warns you about the problems that come after you have a baby, for one thing I've been on my period for 2 weeks now, getting rid of all the stomach lining for when i was pregnant with Lucy and probably the hardest part is the postpartum depression; its real and it sucks. It started about 2 weeks ago, I went to sleep fine and the next day I woke up with no desire to get out of bed. Apparently the sudden shift is very common especially at the time that I started to feel it.

For the few days I couldn't even pull myself out of bed, I would sleep in the feeding chair in Lucy's room and just wake up every 4 hours to feed her and continue to sleep. Everyone was immediately concerned and it took them 3 whole days to convince me to go see that doctor who put me on antidepressants. I'm starting to feel much better, so much better in fact that today I'm taking Lucy into the office for the first time. I haven't been back there since before we left for summer games at the very beginning of July so I am so excited! After I fed the baby and ate breakfast, I took her upstairs to get us both ready. "okay honey, we're going somewhere very special today!" I said in my best baby voice as I began to change her diaper. "were going to visit all of your aunts and uncles and daddy at work! Isn't that fun." I asked, putting her clothes on.

She smiled and gurgled at my worlds like she wanted to respond, making me smile even wider. I brought her into my room and laid her in a cocoon I'd made out of blankets so she had somewhere to lay while I got ready. I got dressed into a flowy tank top and shorts and put of some light makeup before going back out to retrieve her. By the time I got back out there she was already sound asleep, good thing too as that would make this car ride much easier. I collected all of our stuff and brought her out to Damien's car which was left here on purpose. I got situated in the car before clicking Damien's contact and held the phone to my ear. "hello my love." he answered after the second ring, I could hear shuffling in the background so he was probably leaving the room to talk to me.

"hey Dames, I have Lucy in the car with me and we're headed over to the office. You didn't tell anyone right?" I asked in a low voice, the phone pressed between my shoulder and ear as I pulled out of the drive way. "nope, no one is none the wiser." he said and I sighed in relief. "ok we'll be there in 10 minutes, I love you." he said it back and we exchanged goodbyes before I hung up to focus on driving. Between the lack of traffic and the quiet music playing on the radio, the ride to the office was quite calm. Before I knew it, I was pulling into the parking lot and into Damien's normal parking spot. I looked up into the rear view mirror to find Lucy awake and just looking around the car. "you ready honey?" I asked and her eyes caught mine in the mirror. "I'll take that as a yes."

The second I walked in I saw 2 people I didn't expect to see; Rhett and Link. I feel like I've seen them maybe 5 times since we started at their office and the one day I visit happens to be the day I come in for a visit. "oh who we we have here?!" Link exclaimed as they walked towards me. I gave both of them quick hugs before the baby was promptly taken from my arms. We stood there and talked for about 10 minutes about how I've been and what they've been up to since I last saw them. They eventually had to go so Rhett handed Lucy back to me. We said our goodbyes and I made my way to my next stop which was the main room. When I walked in everyone's heads were down, they were hard at work and half of them were listening to music. I walked up behind Sarah who was sitting at the desk closest to the front entrance and put my hand in front of her eyes. "guess who!" I said and she gasped, shooting up from her seat which pulled the attention everyone else who was in the room.

"what are you guys doing here!?" she exclaimed, giving me a big hug and once again taking the baby from my arms, I'm starting to think that these people only like me because she's here. "oh, I was in the neighbourhood and thought I'd stop by." I giggled, dropping my bag on my desk and walking back over towards her. We sat there in the main room for the next hour, I brought her around to see all the other people in production and all the editors, she seemed to like the dark room and really seemed to like Chase as she feel asleep in his arms when I went in there. The cast are filming for smosh games right now, I believe they're playing 'Duck game' meets nerf war so that gives me more than enough time to feed Lucy and be waiting in the squad room for when they get back. "ok guys, that I've gotta go, someone needs to have lunch." I said, taking the baby out of Nancy's arms. Everyone's groaned but conceded eventually, letting me go off into the kitchen where I was going to heat up Lucy's bottle. I just wanna see them already!

Just as I finished giving Lucy her bottle I heard talking and laughing coming from down the hall, slowly getting louder and louder; that must be them! I put the bottle down and sat back on the couch with my legs crossed while rocking her gently. They walked in and immediately stopped. "oh hey." I said casual and waited for the explosion, and explode they did. "oh my God, what are you doing here?!" asked Ian giving you a tight hug before taking the baby into his own arms and walking away with her. Lucy loves Ian almost as much as he loves her, she always sleeps great in his arms and never cries. The same thing as before happened, we say in the room talking about how everything has been whilst Lucy was being passed around and held by everyone. "I think it's time for lunch." Ian announced after about an hour of us sitting around. There was not much going on for the rest of today which is why I picked it, so I had plenty of time to catch up with everyone in my smosh fam.

We gathered up as many people as we could, cast, crew, editor, production, everyone and made our way down the street where an array of food trucks were set up. We branched off into the line of whichever food we felt like having, damien and I chose barbeque because vegetarian burgers are awesome. We ordered our food and stood off to the side to wait. Mari, laser, Courtney and Shayne say at one table with Lucy's baby carrier sat on the table in the middle of them. The carrier was facing Mari and lasercorn and they poked at and played with her until she grabbed one of Maris fingers and held it to her before letting her eyes fall shut. My heart melted and I was too distracted to realize that damien had already gotten both of our orders and was calling for me to follow him to the table. We sat down and ate whilst we watched our friends gushing over the adorable baby and I could help but smile, my life has turned out better that I ever thought it would

THIS CHAPTER SUCKED SO MUCH IT TOOK ME ALMOST A MONTH TO WRITE AND I JUST NEEDED TO FINISH IT, SORRY IF IT'S WEIRD AND SHORT LOVE YOU ALL BYE.