Chapter 33

Ian called us all last night and told us that we'd be having a meeting at his house, all the cast and crew from all of the smosh channels would be there. Needless to say, it's going to be packed. We're meeting there at 1 and I know we're not shooting anything so I decided to dress as casually as I could. It's become a theme for me to dress comfortably. Being pregnant sucks and I'm not putting any effort in unless it's completely necessary. After my shower, I let my hair air dry so it would curl up a bit and be easier to put into a bin later on. I did light makeup and put on joggers and my favorite zip up hoodie of Damiens that I've claimed as my own with a baggy rolling stones shirt under that. I topped it off with my favorite shoes and I was finished. I twisted the ring around my finger as I walked down the stairs, I hope my fingers don't swell so much that I can't put it on or take it off anymore. It's my favorite thing I own. I sat down in the living room and put on a random show to watch while I waited for everyone else to finish getting ready, somehow, I'm ready first.

The drive to Ian's was mostly silent, none of us knew what to expect. We didn't know if the news was going to be good or bad but either way, I was nervous as to what to come. I don't want smosh to end up in the wrong hands again like it did with defy. After 20 minutes of what I can only discribe as torture, we pulled up to Ian's house. We got out and weaved through the cars of the many people who arrived before us to get to the front door. Shayne knocked and stepped back. After a minute or 2, Ian answered the door and greeted us all with a warm smile and a hug. A hug from Ian? Very suspicious. He let us in and we made our way to the living room where everyone associated with smosh was sitting, we'll almost everyone. Along the way we lost a few smosh members that either wouldn't be coming back (aside from summer games or rare cameos which we'd already discussed). This break really broke our family apart, it's been hard on everyone.

Sarah saw me and scootched closer to the arm rest, patting the seat beside her. I sat down and gave her a hug, thanking her for saving me a seat, everyone else stood or sat on the floor. Ian walked to the front of the living room and turned to face us. A short chuckle escaped his lips, leaving me confused. "you all look like you're at a funeral, lighten up." he said with a laugh, causing us all to relax. "I have some very good news for you all. As you may or may not know, I went to a very private meeting last week and I didn't tell you who it was with. My reason for that is that I'd already had a meeting with them prior that was also private and this one was just to close off the deal. These people have been friends of smosh for a very long time and over the years have built an empire that I am so very proud to say we are now a part of!" he exclaimed and we all broke out into cheers, jumping up and hugging each other.

After about a minute of this I stopped and turned to him. "wait, who is it?" I said and the excitement died down. "smosh is now employed under mythical, aka Rhett and Link." he said and the mini celebration started again, this time joined by Ian. We calmed down and sat in our original positions as Ian discussed the new schedule and what was to come. "9 will now be our regular time to start, even on filming day. Rhett and Link have been so gracious and given us a large main office, a conference room, a few multiuse filming room; along with quite a large budget to buy new props, sets and costumes as needed, and last but not least, a big rook for smosh games that will contain a couch area and a pc gaming area. We're also allowed free range of the kitchen, we'll be involved in meetings in their main room and we'll have our own smosh lounge." he finished and we were all astounded at how our luck had turned so drastically so quickly.

"the best part of all is that everyone is welcome there, not just cast but we are allowed to bring over all of the crew we had, production, editors everything! And we are finally going to have the smosh podcast!" he said and the excitement grew again, at this point I was in tears and being held by Damien. I'm so thankful to have a secure job again, one that I know won't be prejudice against me because of my pregnancy and will give me the time off that I need to be with the baby. "well he filming our first video back and some pit stuff starting in 2 weeks. We're going to announce that smosh will be coming back some time in the end of February, beginning of March. That way we'll have enough time to get out footing and have some stuff filmed. How does that sound to everyone?" he asked, looking around the room with a wide smile. We all nodded in agreement, returning the smile.

Not long after that most of the people in crew and production left and we talked about new shows we would be having which included the return of try not to laugh, another show similar to Noah's and we'd be stepping away from only doing every blank every and the big what if and going with more original stuff. I'm so happy to see smosh going back to its roots. The best thing of all of how big the budget is for summer games. Last years was so small that anything would be better but this ones going to be crazy, we're going to start preparation within the first few weeks of being back. We're returning to the way we used to do things, we'd stay on set a couple days, we'd have housing and elaborate sets and this year was going to be epic.

By the time we finished discussing all the new things that would be happening for smosh now that we're under mythical, it was 5pm and everyone was hungry. "do you guys wanna go out for dinner? We can go to mine Courtney and shaynes secret diner?" he said and Courtney and Shayne instantly got excited. We agreed and made our way there, taking 3 separate cars as there were so many if us. We got to the diner and they set us up in a long table at the back of the restaurant. Man, going to dinner with 10 people is complicated. I feel bad for our poor waitress, we were all just so giddy and happy about smosh's new parent company that we were definitely being too loud and just generally acting like idiots. When I opened the menu, my eyes went right to the vegetarian burger. It looked good so I decided on that without bothering to look at the other options and put my menu down.

The waitress brought us our drinks and took our orders before walking back to kitchen. "how've you been feeling Syd, I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." Mari asked, taking a sip of her drink. Everyone looked to me, anticipating my answer. Now that she mentions it, it made me realize how little I've been seeing these people since the shut down. The only people I've been seeing are the ones who live with me. "I've been a lot better actually. My sickness has lessened the most, my acne is clearing and I'm starting to get comfortable doing things with the bump." I answered then laser corn joined in. "for Sabrina, the most growing happened in the last trimester so be prepared for that. Try getting a big body pillow for sleeping, it will be your saving grace." he chuckled. I smiled, thanking him for the advice.

We continue to talk about the start io of the company and what's been happening with the baby and how everyone is doing in their personal relationships. We spent most of the time talking to lasercorn, him and Damien had always been close and mine and David's relationship was strong as well so this catching up time was great. The boys talked about filming videos together and I excitedly agreed to come, excited to see Brina and Tyler again. Once we finished eating, Ian paid for everyone, said it was his 'welcome back to smosh' gift for the people who decided to stick around. When we got home, everyone got ready for bed and we spent the rest of the night hanging out in the living room, just watching Netflix and talking about all the big things that were to come in the next year for not only smosh but for all of us as individuals.

Hey everyone! Yo girl had been back to work for the last 3 days on normal duties and in those 3 days I wrote 5 chapters 😂 I mean they're not done bc a lot of them require me to reference videos and I can't do that whilst at work, there's not enough data in the world for all that. Anyways, I'm feeling very motivated as of right now and I'm about 5-10 chapters out from my big ending which is so exciting but so sad, I think I'm actually going to cry when I finish bc this story has become my actual child and I'm just so proud of it, and clearly you guys are liking it too bc I checked my stats for the first time in forever and they're not too bad. Thank you again y'all, I love you❤️

 Thank you again y'all, I love you❤️