Chapter 15

I'm so excited for today that I wasn't even mad to be waking up at 7. We're going a squad vlog today at the carnival but first we have to go to the office and get some stuff done since we're shooting tomorrow.  I rolled out of bed and walked to the shower to take a quick one before I get ready. I did something simple with my hair and makeup before heading back to my room to get dress. "are you decent?" Damien asked on the other side of the door, knocking lightly. "yeah, come in!" I yelled over my music that was playing, pausing it as he walked in. "should I do glasses or no glasses today?" he asked me, holding up his contact case. "well," I started, walking over to him. "I think you look really hot in your glasses." I said, standing on my tippy toes and giving him a kiss. "glasses it is!"

"we're at a carnival!" they all said at the same time, followed by a 'woo' from Courtney who was stood in the middle of the group. They were filming the introduction and I was stood off to the side watching them. Sometimes I wish I could be on camera more but most of the time I'm just relieved I don't always have to be on. They argued for a second about who messed up the intro before Courtney started walking off camera towards me. They cut and we started walking, Damien immediately taking a hold of my hand. "I don't think I've ever asked but how are you with rides?" he looked down at me, raised an eyebrow. "love them." I laughed and started swinging our arms. "that makes one of us." he laughed nervously, going along with the arm swinging. This should be fun. Courtney took a hold of the camera and started filming Noah. "you look like you work here." she said, holding the camera way too close to his face. "I sell peanuts. Do you need peanuts? I've got peanuts on the low." he said making us all laugh.

We walked by a mural wall where she pointed the camera next. "it's me!" she said pointing the camera at a blonde woman painted in the side. "it's Keith!" damien added, pointing to a black show girl also on the sign. The group continued talking and explaining the Gravitron to Noah who'd never riden it before and everyone pointed out their favourite ride, including Courtney who said hers was the portapotty. "I think we should go into the fun house, I used to love these as I kid!" I said to no one in particular and they agreed. We were walking on the bridge that makes one of your feet go forward and one go backwards and I lost my footing, eating total shit. "you ok?" damien asked, helping me up while everyone else laughed. "yeah I'm good, just feel on my hip. Shut up Keith!" I exclaimed, pointing at him. He continued to laugh as he ran ahead of us and I chased him.

We finished the fun house and Courtney started recording again, this time we were walking towards the food area. "I'll give you $20 if you do the Hoedown right there, right now." Shayne said pointing to a small dance floor which was surrounded by hay bails in front of a stage where band equipment was set up. She threw him the camera and grabbed my hand before running over to the dance floor, "let's square dance!" she exclaimed. "I don't know how." I laughed as she started dancing. She looped her elbow into mine and started dancing and spinning us around, after a while I got a hang of it and a few people started watching us from where they sat on hay bails. I'd almost forgotten that we were being recorded until they walked towards us. She finished off by twerking, causing me to laugh hysterically and follow her back to the group. "nailed it." she said, spitting her gum out and taking the camera from Shayne.

After that, Noah asked Kristina for money to buy lemonade. She gave it to him and he ran off the Shayne handed Courtney her $20 for dancing. "hey, I went up there too, I should get something!" I said, crossing my arms. He rolled his eyes and reached into his pocket before pulling out a 10 dollar bill and shoving it between my folded arms. "thanks Shayney! Now let's go get food!" I exclaimed, pointing towards the food stalls as Noah made his way back with his way overpriced lemonade. They decided to have a corn eating contest and told that to the camera. We were waiting in line for corn when olivia spotted a coffee and churro stand which her and I promptly stormed, both for different reasons. The rest of the group followed behind us and Garrett bought olivia her churros before going up to buy something for himself.